The Student Room Group

m2 energy

http://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/download/Maths/A-level/M2/Papers-Edexcel/June%202014%20QP%20-%20M2%20Edexcel.pdf

8b why can i not resolve down the plane and perpendicular to the plane and use f=ur
Reply 1
Original post by will'o'wisp
http://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/download/Maths/A-level/M2/Papers-Edexcel/June%202014%20QP%20-%20M2%20Edexcel.pdf

8b why can i not resolve down the plane and perpendicular to the plane and use f=ur

You can.

Why do you think you can't? What is your question exactly?
Reply 2
Original post by notnek
You can.

Why do you think you can't? What is your question exactly?

i'm getting the wrong answer.

down the plane 5gsin25=F
perpendicular to the plane 5gcos25=R

i get u=0.5 to 1dp

of course it's not in equilibrium and thus down the plane is 5gsin25-F=5a
and i don't know what a is so i guess i shouda seen i can't do it this way.
Reply 3
i'm getting the wrong answer.

down the plane 5gsin25=F
perpendicular to the plane 5gcos25=R

i get u=0.5 to 1dp

of course it's not in equilibrium and thus down the plane is 5gsin25-F=5a
and i don't know what a is so i guess i shouda seen i can't do it this way.

You can find 'a' by using SUVAT between A and B.

You're doing this question in an M1 style which isn't a big problem but using energy is less work, especially since you would have already done part a).

So the best way to do this question is to get the total loss of energy by considering kinetic and GPE and then equating this to the work done against friction.

Often M2 questions will say "by considering energy" so you should get used to doing questions this way.
Reply 4
Original post by notnek
You can find 'a' by using SUVAT between A and B.

You're doing this question in an M1 style which isn't a big problem but using energy is less work, especially since you would have already done part a).

So the best way to do this question is to get the total loss of energy by considering kinetic and GPE and then equating this to the work done against friction.

Often M2 questions will say "by considering energy" so you should get used to doing questions this way.

i see, i just suck a bunch so choose for me on the 10th of jan and 16th of jan i have c3 and m2 mocks respectively what do i grind out now? More c3 or m2?
Reply 5
i see, i just suck a bunch so choose for me on the 10th of jan and 16th of jan i have c3 and m2 mocks respectively what do i grind out now? More c3 or m2?

They're only mocks.

I would put all this effort you're putting in into understanding the content and do well in the final exam - that's what matters. I can tell that you can do well in M2 if you put the effort in - you've got a long time to get better.

But I know you won't be thinking like this :smile: Mocks mocks mocks!

I can't decide which module you should do more work in since I don't know which one you're better at.
Reply 6
Original post by notnek
They're only mocks.

I would put all this effort you're putting in into understanding the content and do well in the final exam - that's what matters. I can tell that you can do well in M2 if you put the effort in - you've got a long time to get better.

But I know you won't be thinking like this :smile: Mocks mocks mocks!

I can't decide which module you should do more work in since I don't know which one you're better at.

I'm way better at c3 rn doing 2011 and i've done q1 and doing q2 with no problem

I don't know how u know this but you're not wrong. :tongue:
Reply 7

I don't know how u know this but you're not wrong. :tongue:

Teaching experience :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by notnek
Teaching experience :smile:

Good thing i'm not pooing my pants for these exams then.
Guess, i'll just keeping doing M2 till i get it ;_;

Quick Reply

Latest