The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

- I am on the assumption John Cena shall face Undertaker at Wrestlemania, the writing is on the wall. Whether it would be for the WWE World Title is up for debate as I am not 100% sure of that implication. On one hand Mark Callaway should go out as WWE Champion. On the other hand they could book the implications of storytelling very well if they play their cards right. Cena and Taker have not faced off in a singles match since 2003. Both men are considerably the top guys in the company, from one veteran to another, passing of the torch could be foretold through this storyline.

- It should also be noted Wrestling Observer have reported Kurt Angle IS NOT working Indy dates after March. He is wrestling two final matches on the independents against Cody Rhodes and Alberto El Patron. Speculation is that Angle shall return in time for 'Mania.

- While I am not a fan of Roman Reigns I do not want to see him headline Wrestlemania. Also I think Braun Strowman has made significant progress this year, he should not face Reigns at 'Mania though. I believe Seth Rollins should headline 'Mania for the RAW brand, hopefully they get his booking perspective better in 2017.

- Quick question for you all: Who do you want to see win the Royal Rumble? I am not too sure, will make up my mind in a few weeks.
Reply 5501
Apparently Angle has been telling independent wrestling companies he'll be with WWE from April, yeah.

Huge if true.
Original post by Mackay
Apparently Angle has been telling independent wrestling companies he'll be with WWE from April, yeah.

Huge if true.

Massive news, yes. I would go on record and believe he is heading back to WWE. Curious to see who they have in mind for him to face? He spoke of having another match with Brock Lesnar. More interestingly he spoke about facing Seth Rollins, but claimed it was unlikely due to his status in the company.

If there was professional wrestler that proves what the younger talent are made of, Kurt Angle is the man. Hopefully the consider Angle VS Rollins.

Who would you like to see Kurt Angle face upon his seemingly imminent WWE return?
Reply 5503
Original post by Greedoshotfirst
Massive news, yes. I would go on record and believe he is heading back to WWE. Curious to see who they have in mind for him to face? He spoke of having another match with Brock Lesnar. More interestingly he spoke about facing Seth Rollins, but claimed it was unlikely due to his status in the company.

If there was professional wrestler that proves what the younger talent are made of, Kurt Angle is the man. Hopefully the consider Angle VS Rollins.

Who would you like to see Kurt Angle face upon his seemingly imminent WWE return?

I think Lesnar is the most logical - and most eye-catching - angle for Angle upon his return, but I think whatever happens, Angle needs to return and work babyface for his first feud. He's been gone that long, and fans will be clamouring to see him, having him return and work heel just won't work.
Original post by Mackay
I think Lesnar is the most logical - and most eye-catching - angle for Angle upon his return, but I think whatever happens, Angle needs to return and work babyface for his first feud. He's been gone that long, and fans will be clamouring to see him, having him return and work heel just won't work.

Agree on the fact he must work as a face. It has been almost 11 years since his last appearance in WWE. Also I guess you have a point about him facing Brock Lesnar, either way it shall most likely actually happen.
(Off thread topic *almost*) Anyone watching WCPW Liverpool tomorrow? I shall be! Have to conduct a review for the show, looking forward to it as I am a huge WCPW fan.
Original post by Greedoshotfirst
- I am on the assumption John Cena shall face Undertaker at Wrestlemania, the writing is on the wall. Whether it would be for the WWE World Title is up for debate as I am not 100% sure of that implication. On one hand Mark Callaway should go out as WWE Champion. On the other hand they could book the implications of storytelling very well if they play their cards right. Cena and Taker have not faced off in a singles match since 2003. Both men are considerably the top guys in the company, from one veteran to another, passing of the torch could be foretold through this storyline.

- It should also be noted Wrestling Observer have reported Kurt Angle IS NOT working Indy dates after March. He is wrestling two final matches on the independents against Cody Rhodes and Alberto El Patron. Speculation is that Angle shall return in time for 'Mania.

- While I am not a fan of Roman Reigns I do not want to see him headline Wrestlemania. Also I think Braun Strowman has made significant progress this year, he should not face Reigns at 'Mania though. I believe Seth Rollins should headline 'Mania for the RAW brand, hopefully they get his booking perspective better in 2017.

- Quick question for you all: Who do you want to see win the Royal Rumble? I am not too sure, will make up my mind in a few weeks.

I feel like they're wanting to push cena to break flair's record so he'll either win that now or they could save it for wrestle mania.
Please , I hope I'm not the only one who thinks that neville's new character change - him being evil is just ridiculous "But YOU PEOPLE", :rofl:, I can't take it seriously at all !

And I'm also wanting a Sheild reunion. Not gonna lie ...
Reply 5508
Neville's heel turn is exactly what it should be: simple and effective. A simple character change can do wonders for a wrestler. The cruiserweight division needs strengthening, so I'd suggest placing the strap on one star for as long as possible throughout 2017. It will add value to an otherwise young and fledgling championship.

Naturally, by definition, heel wrestlers serve better as longer champions than babyfaces. As such, having Neville carry the belt from January as deep into 2017 as possible - clashing with the exciting babyfaces on the roster along the way (Jack Gallagher, Cedric Alexander, Rich Swann, TJ Perkins) would be excellent for the division and 205 Live.
Reply 5509
Oh, and according to The Wrestling Observer, the Undertaker is currently scheduled to take on John Cena at WrestleMania 33 in a match that was originally supposed to happen last year, but was cancelled due to an injury to Cena.

WWE officials are concerned that an Undertaker-Cena match doesn't build for the future, and so there's still consideration being given to a match pitting The Undertaker against Roman Reigns. Being as how both Cena and Reigns are getting world title shots at the Royal Rumble, 'Taker could end up as a WrestleMania challenger.

Three bouts for the show are currently set in stone - The Big Show versus Shaquille O'Neal, Goldberg versus Brock Lesnar, and Seth Rollins versus Triple H. Also tentatively planned for the show are a multiple-woman match for the Raw Women's Championship, Kevin Owens versus Chris Jericho, and - if Reigns doesn't fight Undertaker - Roman Reigns versus Braun Strowman.
Original post by Mackay
Oh, and according to The Wrestling Observer, the Undertaker is currently scheduled to take on John Cena at WrestleMania 33 in a match that was originally supposed to happen last year, but was cancelled due to an injury to Cena.

WWE officials are concerned that an Undertaker-Cena match doesn't build for the future, and so there's still consideration being given to a match pitting The Undertaker against Roman Reigns. Being as how both Cena and Reigns are getting world title shots at the Royal Rumble, 'Taker could end up as a WrestleMania challenger.

Three bouts for the show are currently set in stone - The Big Show versus Shaquille O'Neal, Goldberg versus Brock Lesnar, and Seth Rollins versus Triple H. Also tentatively planned for the show are a multiple-woman match for the Raw Women's Championship, Kevin Owens versus Chris Jericho, and - if Reigns doesn't fight Undertaker - Roman Reigns versus Braun Strowman.

Yes, those were reported to be the plans for last year. I want to see Taker VS Cena is literally their best option. I don't think fans will reject it either. Rollins VS Triple H would be okay, I guess. I don't have any qualms over that feud.
Reply 5511
The Rollins-Triple H feud could be a show-stealer, but we need the latter to appear soon. I'd love him to cost Rollins the Rumble, personally.

Rollins' run as a babyface has been largely underwhelming - too reliant on cheap comedy and slapstick humour, and the kind of zany mic work which plagued Reigns and Ambrose at times (it's the fault of the creative team).
Not like the WWE to mess up Rollins as baby-face...

Undertaker V Cena is a very underwhelming WM main event and I'd think the former is retiring hence the big finale. However Cena and Reigns have been going back and forth on Twitter which Reigns showed charisma more attune to his personality than the more dour promos he does. Not sure if there is anything in that Twitter thing but it'd be a more enjoyable build up and match between Taker and Cena

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reigns vs Cena would actually be interesting.

I doubt Taker is retiring this year either, especially after he's said he's going to be around more. He wants the big 25 at WM so..
WWE have created this plastic character around Roman Reigns, which obviously never works. In reality he is a cool guy! Very charismatic in his own way. If creative let him be then he would be far more over. The company have issues when it comes to guy getting themselves over, take Zack Ryder for instance.

Ryder was a jobber on Superstars for an entire two year spell, made a YouTube channel and got over from there. IMO the company were probably seething that he did it alone. Same goes for CM Punk, he got over himself. Yes they laid upon the success but they did not like the fact Punk did it alone. That's why they showed a lot of spite towards him.

Roman Reigns SHOULD be over, easily. But WWE have an issue and they are content on creating a generic wrestler literally programmed by them.
Reply 5515
Reigns was fine as his character in the Shield.

Things started to get rocky with Reigns when WWE turned him babyface, and reports began to leak about WWE officials being high on him. From there, entitled wrestling fans turned on Reigns, and the hardcore contingent continues to resent his push.

So, Reigns should naturally be a heel - and he'd be an extremely effective one.
Rousey lost two-thirds quicker than Punk, right? Yet people saying Punk should stop after one fight like they don't often last a matter of minutes (hence why WWE have started copying it). Rousey gets more damanged physically and mentally than Punk after her fights.
Original post by ozzyoscy
Rousey lost two-thirds quicker than Punk, right? Yet people saying Punk should stop after one fight like they don't often last a matter of minutes (hence why WWE have started copying it). Rousey gets more damanged physically and mentally than Punk after her fights.

It's not the match that ended Rousey, it's her mental state. If it took her a whole year to return after a loss, and lose in an even more humiliating way, I can't see how she's going to bounce back off from this mentally. Rousey should have fought someone else, not the current champion who is on their A game.

CM punk in the UFC is a joke. He had no prior experience fighting competitively in MMA and Dana just booked him for the draw. At least Rousey had her wins.
I like Roman Reign's a great superstar. Him being the US Champ is also great as it makes the US Championship look good as before it was with mid-carders and people like Rusev who was a great US Champ but people would get bored with him having it for a long time whereas with Reigns being the US Champ people don't get bored seeing him wrestle for the title.
Would you agree that WWE are trying to get THE SHIELD back together again? I think indirectly they are even though Dean Ambrose is on Smackdown. So I'm guessing in the next draft Ambrose will go to Raw or the other members Reigns and Rollins will go Smackdown which would in my opinion be better as it would push Smackdown higher in the ratings as in my opinion Raw doing better mainly because of Reigns and Rollins.
Also John Cena laying the challenge to AJ Styles for the title is kinda boring to me as we've seen it many times before in their matches. I don't really want the title leaving AJ Styles as hes a great champ unless its for someone that hasnt been a champ or hasnt been a champ in a long time. I think that new champ should be BRAY WYATT. The Wyatt Fam with Orton is looking amazing. People still cheer for Orton cause hes great. So if Wyatt becomes champ then Randy Orton should betray the Wyatts and face Wyatt himself for the Championship or in a triple threat including AJ STYLES. Think about it AJ STYLES VS BRAY WYATT VS RANDY ORTON. You could even through John Cena in it. We havent seen a fatal 4 way for the championship in a long time. This would be awesome.
I hope you take the time to read this and reply with what you think; sorry for writing alot.
Original post by IanDangerously
Heres how WWE should book the main event for WrestleMania Giant Sun:

Cena inconspicuously cheats to win the WWE title at the Rumble in a way that leaves people wondering if it was intentional. Huge celebration for the 16 time champ matching the record. Undertaker enters the Rumble unexpectedly and almost wins but Cena runs down and royally screws him so that a Raw guy wins and goes after the Universal title instead. Taker reveals he returned for one last shot at glory and wants to go out on top as WWE Champion.

Cena becomes an outright dick in the run up and blatantly cheats with a foreign object to screw AJ out of his rematch. Undertaker in desperation shows up and attacks one of the chamber participants and takes their spot, and overcomes the odds to win the #1 contendership. Taker ends by saying that all he wanted was one last roll of the dice, one final shot at the big one ... now he has it and if he cannot beat John Cena and leave Orlando with the WWE title, he will have wrestled his last match.

The greatest legacy in the history of the WWE staked against the greatest world champion of all time for one last ride with the richest prize in the industry on the line... the career vs the title ... John Cena vs The Undertaker! WrestleMania!!!

Licence to print money. Plus it would be brilliant entertainment! :smile:

This is a great idea. This even gives a chance for AJ Styles to become face even though hes a great heal. AJ vs Taker vs Cena would be crazy too.

Quick Reply