The Student Room Group

Manchester, Swansea or Liverpool? (University Choices)

I'm studying A levels and have received offers from both Swansea and Manchester, Liverpool for Aerospace Engineering, I know Swansea have a better ranking in Aerospace Eng and did a lot of research for the aviation industry but Manchester & Liverpool are members of the Russel group and have better uni overall.

Any suggestions on what I should choose for my firm & insurance?
Overall ranking & subject ranking, Which one is more important?Thanks

The following are my Application details
- Swansea (MEng Aerospace engineering): conditional AAB include Maths excluding Chinese
- Manchester (BEng Aerospace engineering): conditional AAB
- Liverpool (MEng Avionic): conditional BB (excluding Chinese)
I prefer Manchester as my firm choice because of is good overall ranking.

My Current Result:
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): ABBC (Mathematics, FP Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics)
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): achieved AA (Mathematics,Chinese)
predicted A* BBB (Mathematics, FP Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by spcs100138
I'm studying A levels and have received offers from both Swansea and Manchester, Liverpool for Aerospace Engineering, I know Swansea have a better ranking in Aerospace Eng and did a lot of research for the aviation industry but Manchester & Liverpool are members of the Russel group and have better uni overall.

Any suggestions on what I should choose for my firm & insurance?
Overall ranking & subject ranking, Which one is more important?Thanks

The following are my Application details
- Swansea (MEng Aerospace engineering): conditional AAB include Maths excluding Chinese
- Manchester (BEng Aerospace engineering): conditional AAB
- Liverpool (MEng Avionic): conditional BB (excluding Chinese)
I prefer Manchester as my firm choice because of is good overall ranking.

My Current Result:
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): ABBC (Mathematics, FP Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics)
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): achieved AA (Mathematics,Chinese)
predicted A* BBB (Mathematics, FP Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics)

Which one did you choose?

I'm stuck between Liverpool and Swansea for Genetics aaah
Original post by ImagineCats
Which one did you choose?

I'm stuck between Liverpool and Swansea for Genetics aaah

Liverpooooooool! It's the best!

Spoiler

Had a friend who did aerospace engineering at Manchester and really enjoyed it. The university is great and they are modernizing and revamping the uni and city so you'll have a refurbished uni (potentially) and city to play around in. Manchester itself is a great city to be in with so much to do (I spent 4 years there for my 1st degree) I'd say its bigger with more things to do in then Swansea. Compared to Liverpool I can't say much as it's probably similar but the UoM is higher ranked then Liverpool so I'd pick UoM over Liverpool. :smile:
Original post by Edminzodo
Liverpooooooool! It's the best!

Spoiler

But the accom is so expensive! My grant won't pay 1st year accommodation :frown:
But the accom is so expensive! My grant won't pay 1st year accommodation :frown:

PM me if you like :smile: and not even for any private accommodation?
PM me if you like :smile: and not even for any private accommodation?

I really want to live in halls for first year :tongue: I'll see how I feel about the city/uni in March, but if I'm torn between the two then I'll probably have to go with Swansea to save that dolla dolla
I really want to live in halls for first year :tongue: I'll see how I feel about the city/uni in March, but if I'm torn between the two then I'll probably have to go with Swansea to save that dolla dolla

Melville Grove is the cheapest, could you not save up a bit if you have a part-time job or get a job if you came to Liverpool? Trust me though, a lot of first years live in private accommodation and some group you by year. Again, PM me if you want to ask any questions :smile:
Melville Grove is the cheapest, could you not save up a bit if you have a part-time job or get a job if you came to Liverpool? Trust me though, a lot of first years live in private accommodation and some group you by year. Again, PM me if you want to ask any questions :smile:

Yeah I've got quite a bit saved from my job so it's still an option but I'd rather spend that on living stuff ygm?

Glad to hear you love it so much but hey at least I've got until May to decide :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending