The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 11...
in which year will the medical student on the panel be in?

3rd year or above :smile:
Original post by Pantego
Do you think it's valid enough for me to ask to be rescheduled later in the day? My interview is at 11 but I live in Devon so I would have to leave at 5 in the morning? I don't think it's good enough reason and should probably suck it up>.<

Just book a hotel and stay there the night before
Original post by Clubba
3rd year or above :smile:

Hi, just out of interest, what is a normal week at Barts like? Like how many hours in lectures and how much PBL etc, in the preclinical years? :smile:
Thank you! I guess I didn't read that properly haha
Original post by manlike99
Hi, just out of interest, what is a normal week at Barts like? Like how many hours in lectures and how much PBL etc, in the preclinical years? :smile:

This article goes through a week in the life of a first year - found it quite helpful.
https://www.themedicportal.com/a-week-in-the-life-of-a-first-year-barts-medical-student/
Original post by manlike99

So a typical 1st year timetable (2nd year timetables are similar, just with the days swapped around) looks like this:

Monday:
9am - 11am Lectures
Afternoon: Anatomy/Physiology practical / Clinical Skills / Microanatomy

Tuesday:
9am - 11am (OR 3pm-5pm) PBL
11am - 3pm Lectures (with an hours lunch break)

Wednesday:
11am - 1pm Lectures
Afternoon off for extra-curricular/sports

Thursday:
Either MedSoc (full day) or Anatomy/Physiology practical / Clinical Skills / Microanatomy

Friday:
Similar to Tuesday

Although you'd be timetabled for 2 hours of PBL each session, they rarely ever take more than an hour and a half. MedSoc is your GP placement and takes place once a fortnight. In your first 9 weeks, you'll only have PBLs on a Tuesday; after that, you'll have it on Friday too :smile:
Reply 646
Will they ask questions about personal statement in the interview? I.e will the interviewers have the personal statement with them?
Original post by 07cdominic
This article goes through a week in the life of a first year - found it quite helpful.
https://www.themedicportal.com/a-week-in-the-life-of-a-first-year-barts-medical-student/

Thanks a lot :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by Clubba
So a typical 1st year timetable (2nd year timetables are similar, just with the days swapped around) looks like this:

Monday:
9am - 11am Lectures
Afternoon: Anatomy/Physiology practical / Clinical Skills / Microanatomy

Tuesday:
9am - 11am (OR 3pm-5pm) PBL
11am - 3pm Lectures (with an hours lunch break)

Wednesday:
11am - 1pm Lectures
Afternoon off for extra-curricular/sports

Thursday:
Either MedSoc (full day) or Anatomy/Physiology practical / Clinical Skills / Microanatomy

Friday:
Similar to Tuesday

Although you'd be timetabled for 2 hours of PBL each session, they rarely ever take more than an hour and a half. MedSoc is your GP placement and takes place once a fortnight. In your first 9 weeks, you'll only have PBLs on a Tuesday; after that, you'll have it on Friday too :smile:

Ahhh thanks so much, seems fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by c10112
Will they ask questions about personal statement in the interview? I.e will the interviewers have the personal statement with them?

If I remember correctly, they have your personal statement in front of them and could ask you questions from it. Although I think it varies between interviewers whether or not they actually use your PS
Reply 650
Ive applied for the undergrad but still havent heard anything..... uh oh
Original post by Emre.M
Ive applied for the undergrad but still havent heard anything..... uh oh

It's cool. They've still got two tranches (out of three) of interviews to send out. No need to worry quite yet. :smile:
Anyone know when Queen Mary's open again after Christmas?
Original post by Daisy1202

Hi, i thought it was yesterday but it seems like no one has heard anything yet so far.
Original post by Nieeeel97
Hi, i thought it was yesterday but it seems like no one has heard anything yet so far.

Thank-you :smile: I really need to stop refreshing my e-mails :,)
Reply 655

Hey nah, I'm doing my MSc at Barts atm and I start my lectures next week. So they'll be sending the next batches out then :smile:

(I assume)
Original post by Daisy1202

Uni started yesterday for us undergrads so the admissions team are probably working through the applications :smile:
If you've applied to both grad and undergrad courses, do you get one or two interviews? (Or none but you get me)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 658
Anyone know if it is possible to reschedule my interview?
Original post by kji
Anyone know if it is possible to reschedule my interview?

Call them up and ask tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending