The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

My Thread for Thoughts and Feelings- Ex-Mindfulness Challenge!

01/01/2017 - Day One

Hello and welcome! :wavey:

I thought I'd give this thing a go seeing as it's a new year and what better way to kick off a new year than with some positivity and mindfulness?

Bit of background info:

Spoiler

I'll be updating this daily, obviously, until January 31st (so I'll actually be doing 31 days, but it would feel wrong to end it the day before the end of the month!) I have quite a busy month ahead of me, some things to be excited for and some not so much, but it'll be an experience I can share with whoever wants to read and I hope that it's a successful month!

So to get started, I'm just going to follow the basic format outlined by @furryface12, as I'm really unoriginal and it's a very good format! Here goes then...

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

What I'm grateful for today: My grandma picking me up from a New Years party I was at last night, and bringing me and my friend home. I wouldn't have been able to go to the party otherwise, so I'm very grateful!!

A random act of kindness I've done: Not really random as such, but I let my friend stay over at my house last night (technically it was this morning so I'm counting it as today :tongue:) as she couldn't get home from the party.

A random act of kindness someone has done for me: My friends being really nice and caring to me when I wasn't feeling brilliant last night, they really are the best people ever :h:

Things I did well: Succeeded with keeping to my New Years resolutions, rather than failing on the first day!

Something I could improve on: Getting back on track with revision for mocks! :angry:

What I've achieved today: Finished my organisation documents, so I can be organised for at least this week :wink:

What I've done to look after my mental health: Uh nothing as such, mainly just what I do every day - today's been really chilled anyway so there wasn't much for me to have to look after, thankfully :smile:

Something I have to look forward to: A brand new year, full of new opportunities that I just can't wait to experience! :h:

Something that made me smile: The fact that 2016 is over! (It wasn't a particularly bad year for me, especially not the summer, but I'm excited to see other people a lot happier, as a dark year for them is done and dusted :smile:)

So that's my first day done! I'm looking forward to keeping this up for the whole month, and seeing where I am at the end of it :biggrin:

See you tomorrow everyone :h: x

EDIT: I have since decided to carry on this challenge for 365 days. This blog will now document my Year of Mindfulness :h:

EDIT #2: This is no longer a Mindfulness Challenge blog. It's now just a place I can write about my thoughts and feelings, but there will possibly be elements of the old format within it. So I suppose it's a little bit like a diary now, except people read it (sometimes) :dontknow:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

:wavey:

Not sure if we've met properly before or not (I've got a memory like a goldfish) :colondollar: I'm TLG - nice to meet you :wavey:

Subscribing to follow your blog! What a cool grandma you have! I don't have grandparents but if I did, you wouldn't find any of them picking me up from parties, that's for sure :redface:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:wavey:

Not sure if we've met properly before or not (I've got a memory like a goldfish) :colondollar: I'm TLG - nice to meet you :wavey:

Subscribing to follow your blog! What a cool grandma you have! I don't have grandparents but if I did, you wouldn't find any of them picking me up from parties, that's for sure :redface:

I don't think we have, no. Hello, nice to meet you too!

Thank you :smile: I know, she's my favourite person in the world! :h:
Subbing! :hugs::woo:
Original post by iEthan
Subbing! :hugs::woo:

Woo, thank you! :h:
Subbed :smile:
02/01/2017 - Day Two

Tooooootally didn't forget about this...

Hey guys, so as the second day of 2017 draws to a close, so does the second day of my challenge! Let's get started shall we?

What I'm grateful for today: My grandma taking me and my sister out for a meal (I think you're starting to see a recurring theme here...:colondollar:) which was really nice, as apart from Boxing Day I haven't really spent much time with her recently.

A random act of kindness I've done: Uhhhh...I gave my sister some chocolate? I'm not very good at being spontaneously kind!

A random act of kindness someone has done for me: My mum tidied my room, as I didn't have time to (cheers mum! :h:)

Things I did well: Getting some revision done after a couple of days of slight unproductivity :biggrin:

Something I could improve on: Being asleep right now, I'm back at school tomorrow and really should have tried to get back into some form of acceptable sleep routine a lot sooner!

What I've achieved today: Does hitting 250 followers on Twitter count?? Otherwise not a lot, I did wake up at 10:30 (but didn't get up until 12) so that's a small achievement I suppose!

What I've done to look after my mental health: Again not a lot - I feel like this section isn't really relevant to me though. I may or may not include it in future.

Something I have to look forward to: I suppose going back to school tomorrow, I haven't seen some of my friends in over two weeks so it will be nice to catch up :smile:

Something that made me smile: The fact that it was SO sunny outside and it stayed that way all day :h:

Boom! Day two completed! Stay tuned for day 3 everyone, goodnight! :h: x
:tongue: back at school - i don't miss that bit
Have fun. Seem like you had a great day today though :biggrin:
Original post by NiamhM1801

A random act of kindness someone has done for me: My friends being really nice and caring to me when I wasn't feeling brilliant last night, they really are the best people ever :h:

you weren't feeling too great, were you niamh? :wink:
Original post by ?Hannah?
you weren't feeling too great, were you niamh? :wink:

Ahahaha shhh, people on TSR think I'm an innocent child :wink:

how did you become a community assistant though? i really want to be one, haha.

Now that you are a community assistant, do you think that you could possibly delete a few of the threads that I have created for me? :wink:
how did you become a community assistant though? i really want to be one, haha.

I was messaged about it, I assume because I help people quite a bit and I've been here for a reasonable amount of time. She said they were looking to expand the team so they got 2 more people to join (me and someone else). I don't know if they're looking for any more though
Now that you are a community assistant, do you think that you could possibly delete a few of the threads that I have created for me? :wink:

Only if they're in Study Help :smile:
Only if they're in Study Help :smile:

could you delete the grow your grades thread that i made? as i think i want to create a new one - which is slightly more honest.
could you delete the grow your grades thread that i made? as i think i want to create a new one - which is slightly more honest.

It's gone - good luck with your new one :h:
03/01/2017 - Day Three

Threeee, is the magic number...

Evening all! Today was my first day back at school after the holidays and I think it's safe to say I'm fairly wiped out! Early to bed for me!

Anyhow, let's get on with today's attempt :smile:

What I'm grateful for today: Not having to do proper work in any of my lessons on the first day back! :tongue:

A random act of kindness I've done: Um...I held the door open for someone behind me multiple times (he was going the same way I was). Seriously I need to get better at doing kind things!!

A random act of kindness someone has done for me: My mum replaced the lightbulb in my bedroom as it blew this morning - means I don't have to get ready in the dark again! :tongue:

Things I did well: I didn't eat too much of the physics breakfast today (gotta keep those new years resolutions in check!!)

Something I could improve on: I didn't do a workout or any revision at home (although all of my lessons today consisted of revision so I don't feel too bad about that)

What I've achieved today: I didn't sleep in despite getting less than 5 hours sleep!! Therefore I wasn't late to school on the first day back! :biggrin:

What I've done to look after my mental health: Pushed sad thoughts about having to go back to school to the back of my mind, so that I could enjoy my day (which I did!) - finally something to put in this section! :biggrin:

Something I have to look forward to: I'm going back to the gym tomorrow after literally months of not going, I'm pretty pumped I won't lie :smile:

Something that made me smile: My second physics lesson was hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing!! But I suppose laughing and smiling aren't really the same thing, so I'll say finding some see-through plastic wallets in WH Smith after searching around and not finding any :tongue: (yes, I am actually that sad)

I'd say that this has been the most successful day so far! Let's hope I can keep this up eh? Goodnight :h: x
:woo: back to school and no blues. An achievement in itself!
Physics breakfast :question:
:biggrin: great that you had a successful day. And hopefully many more to come :h:
I know, right!?
Ah, I forgot I hadn't explained this properly! Basically I have physics first thing every Tuesday morning and it's only a class of 6, so my teacher started a thing where we each take it in turns to provide breakfast for the whole class - but it's never very nutritious at all! :tongue:
Yup, thank you! :h:
I know, right!?
Ah, I forgot I hadn't explained this properly! Basically I have physics first thing every Tuesday morning and it's only a class of 6, so my teacher started a thing where we each take it in turns to provide breakfast for the whole class - but it's never very nutritious at all! :tongue:
Yup, thank you! :h:

:yep:
Ahh okay. It's an appealing idea though, not having to make breakfast for most mornings. But i can see how it'd hinder you keeping your resolutions. Do make sure you have your own breakfast though.
Welcome :smile:

Latest