The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2017

Bonjour à tous!

Thought I would get the ball rolling on 2017 as the gateway is now open for browsing.

Since there is nowhere else more appropriate to post this - does anyone know if interviews will be held in March next year? I'm going to be out of the country for a spell and don't want to miss interviews.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Audacious_
Bonjour à tous!

Thought I would get the ball rolling on 2017 as the gateway is now open for browsing.

Since there is nowhere else more appropriate to post this - does anyone know if interviews will be held in March next year? I'm going to be out of the country for a spell and don't want to miss interviews.

It completely depends on the set. Some will do them in February, some in March, some possibly in April. They're free to do as they please as long as they're ready to announce offers at 3 May 09:00am.

Some sets have already posted their timetables on their websites, so check the sets where you want to apply.
I was hoping someone would set this up! Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got a first round interview at College Chambers in Southampton tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience of an interview there they'd be willing to share? Thanks.
Original post by legaleagle2
I've got a first round interview at College Chambers in Southampton tomorrow. Does anyone have any experience of an interview there they'd be willing to share? Thanks.

Congrats and good luck!!!
Original post by Tom_Elliott
Congrats and good luck!!!

That's really kind, thank you!
Original post by Audacious_
Bonjour à tous!

I think the guidance says March/April for interviews and I know quite a few sets have already given out March dates on their websites. I guess if it isn't long you can mention you will be abroad in the applications?
Original post by wanabebarrister
I think the guidance says March/April for interviews and I know quite a few sets have already given out March dates on their websites. I guess if it isn't long you can mention you will be abroad in the applications?

I would've thought you could, why ever not?

I assume you're referring to sets recruiting via Gateway because you say March/April for interviews (non-Gateway sets can interview when they please, and indeed many will do that in February so they can offer pupillages before you can assess your Gateway chances). If you're referring to Gateway sets then the Gateway form itself has a field labelled "Please list any dates when you may NOT be available for interview."
Reply 8
Has anyone else noticed that some chambers appear twice on the gateway?
I would've thought you could, why ever not?

I assume you're referring to sets recruiting via Gateway because you say March/April for interviews (non-Gateway sets can interview when they please, and indeed many will do that in February so they can offer pupillages before you can assess your Gateway chances). If you're referring to Gateway sets then the Gateway form itself has a field labelled "Please list any dates when you may NOT be available for interview."

Wow... didn't expect a comment like this back! I am aware of the process thanks and was just trying to assist somebody else.
Original post by wanabebarrister
Wow... didn't expect a comment like this back! I am aware of the process thanks and was just trying to assist somebody else.

Oh apologies, I completely misread your comment. That will teach me not to check TSR when I'm one leg out the door.

For some reason I thought you were saying you'd be abroad and asking whether you can mention that in your application. I now saw the post again and realised that wasn't the case at all. My bad!
Oh apologies, I completely misread your comment. That will teach me not to check TSR when I'm one leg out the door.

For some reason I thought you were saying you'd be abroad and asking whether you can mention that in your application. I now saw the post again and realised that wasn't the case at all. My bad!

Don't worry Tom - been there done that! All the best with applications.
Reply 12
Not sure how you message privately. I had mine this evening and I thought it went terribly!!!
Reply 13
Original post by pups1
Not sure how you message privately. I had mine this evening and I thought it went terribly!!!

This was regarding the college chambers post
Sent off my first app of the new round. Here we go.
Original post by Radebe91
Sent off my first app of the new round. Here we go.

Well done, good luck!

Generally, how many are you guys sending? I'm doing five pre-Gateway and maybe 10 on Gateway.
Hi everyone and good luck this year. I am getting in early with some non gateways like 4NS, Radcliffe, Serle, Maitland. Be great to hear when people know about interviews. Can't believe 4NS is done and dusted by end of Jan-one can dream hey!
Five final round last year and first reserve but no pupillage so hoping this year might be better!
Best of luck to you all!!
Original post by pupilpleaser
Can't believe 4NS is done and dusted by end of Jan-one can dream hey!

XXIV were advertising they would have their 2018 pupils decided before Christmas!
Original post by pjs736_student
XXIV were advertising they would have their 2018 pupils decided before Christmas!

I didn't apply but yes I saw that! Nice present...
Good luck with your apps!
Original post by pupilpleaser
Good luck with your apps!
Thank you. First time for me. Got the first one in to a non-Gateway set on the 31st, now working on some others with January deadlines. Oh, and BARSAS!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending