The Student Room Group

What A-Levels should I pick to be an optician?

When I'm older, I want to be an optician. In my sciences right now (have the second exams this and next week) I have an A in biology, A in chemistry and an A* in physics. I'm getting my maths results later this month. I'm unsure of which subjects I should pick for A-Level because for entry in University I need to have maths and two sciences. I don't know what these two sciences are. What A-Levels do I need to be an optician?
Original post by hlep
When I'm older, I want to be an optician. In my sciences right now (have the second exams this and next week) I have an A in biology, A in chemistry and an A* in physics. I'm getting my maths results later this month. I'm unsure of which subjects I should pick for A-Level because for entry in University I need to have maths and two sciences. I don't know what these two sciences are. What A-Levels do I need to be an optician?

Hiya,

It's usually 2 science subjects and one other which could be maths other something completely different. I would definitely do biology :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by hlep

Honestly, even though this isn't exactly conventional, I think biology and physics are good to choose for this profession; biology for obvious reasons and physics because an understanding of the way light enters and exits the eye is important for opticians.

Quick Reply

Latest