The Student Room Group

I'm 17, how on earth do you lose your virginity?

Im in Y12, not too attractive, not too ugly.

quite a few of the popular girls I fancied (they never knew) have started having sex at parties, and even the thought of them having sex makes me horny and I can happily masturbate to the thought.

However, how on earth do you actually get into the position of losing your virginity if you aren't a) A very popular girl or b) a popular, fit, muscular guy?

I have some female friends, but I don't get how you would actually get to the stage where you would have sex with them. It seems quite a lot of these people having sex, it is at parties (which I do go to, I just don't get drunk really as I hate alcohol).

I'm not in a rush, just wondering how it comes around to actually having sex.
Reply 1
I also am wondering about fingering a girl, getting a BJ, etc, how those come around.
Reply 2
I get where your coming from i'm in a similar boat except i'm a girl haha. I guess it just happens though you would feel different about that person than you do with any other person.
Just wait. Stop comparing yourself to others first of all. Trust me it's not all rosy, sex also comes with a lot of responsibility not just practically like birth control, STD prevention etc, but also emotionally. Going into it completely clueless of how "things come about" means you might run into problems because you're not factoring in the other person at all. Find a person you want to be with, I understand you're curious but it's silly to just want sex with anyone. Short term gratification vs the possibility of a loving sexual experience. Wait until you are 100% sure and until your curiosity is centred around that person rather than the concept of sex itself.
You ask everyone you meet to ****, eventually you'll get a yes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Im in Y12, not too attractive, not too ugly.

quite a few of the popular girls I fancied (they never knew) have started having sex at parties, and even the thought of them having sex makes me horny and I can happily masturbate to the thought.

However, how on earth do you actually get into the position of losing your virginity if you aren't a) A very popular girl or b) a popular, fit, muscular guy?

I have some female friends, but I don't get how you would actually get to the stage where you would have sex with them. It seems quite a lot of these people having sex, it is at parties (which I do go to, I just don't get drunk really as I hate alcohol).

I'm not in a rush, just wondering how it comes around to actually having sex.

Most of the people having sex at your age will be drunk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Most of the people having sex at your age will be drunk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true 😅
im a 16 y old girl virgin
basically the first time i gave head i was WASTED
the second time i was really attracted to a guy and i kinda just asked him to hook up with me and he said yeah
the third time i was hanging out with a guy and i was telling him about my first and second times giving head and he got a boner so we did some stuff
i guess with each person its different
im not rlly attractive but i have boobs which help with everything
with making out its like... everyone is so horny its not that hard to get someone to make out with you. just be alone and stare at each other and feel the sexual tension build up and yall will get at it.
just wait til you find that right person, im 16 I lost mine 3 years ago due to some problems but now I get took advantage by lads and im jus waiting for the right one to come along
just be patience she will come to you
At 17 you still have plenty of time to lose your virginity. I don't think losing it with some random girl at a party is really the way you want to do it. Ideally, you meet a girl....click on an emotional/friendship level and start seeing each other. Then when there is mutual attraction and trust stuff happens.
On the other hand being drunk dramatically takes away someones inhibitions- seriously. You'll do things and be attracted to people you might not be in a sober state. But, do you want to get with some girl and have her tell you the next day or next time you see her that she didn't know what she was doing, she was just drunk. You can definitely get with a drunk girl....she might not be the beautiful popular girl....but if you flirt, touch arms or hair, look in the girls eyes she'll think you're interested and she'll think she's interested. You make a romantic move and one thing leads to another.....and.
But, you'r just using her and she's going to claim she didn't know what she was doing. It's possible to meet a girl at the party and flirt etc. with her but not take the next physical step and then actually ask her out. Then you hopefully get to that connection thing going, etc. Good luck.
can someone clarify if its like in movies how they make it to be or way worse

Quick Reply

Latest