The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science 2017 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Does anybody know if we're allowed calculators in the Coventry math exam?

I ask this as on their mock math test, there's a question converting F to C using the equation
Patient temp 102 F
C = (F-32) x 5

And unless you're a math genius, that's kinda hard to figure out in ones head or even on paper!
Original post by _homesick__
Does anybody know if we're allowed calculators in the Coventry math exam?

I ask this as on their mock math test, there's a question converting F to C using the equation
Patient temp 102 F
C = (F-32) x 5

And unless you're a math genius, that's kinda hard to figure out in ones head or even on paper!

I don't know but I haven't done maths in 5 years so i'm a little nervous!
Original post by 0liverJohn
I don't know but I haven't done maths in 5 years so i'm a little nervous!

7-8 years for me 😳😳😳
I've been brushing up on the basics of converting to decimals and stuff, but dividing decimals is taking a while to remember haha
Has anyone else received an offer from Brookes?
Original post by _homesick__
7-8 years for me 😳😳😳
I've been brushing up on the basics of converting to decimals and stuff, but dividing decimals is taking a while to remember haha

Jesus! Do you have any links to any maths help for me please? I don't know what kind of math's it will be or indeed the difficulty :colondollar:
Original post by thatabbigirl

I have an interview with them next week 😳
Original post by 0liverJohn
Jesus! Do you have any links to any maths help for me please? I don't know what kind of math's it will be or indeed the difficulty :colondollar:

If you go to the Coventry uni page for pramedic science there's a link to a mock math test. I think Wolverhampton uni have a link to a mock test too which I've been using to practice even though I've not applied to that uni, I assume the tests will be similar.
Original post by loftypetty
I have an interview with them next week 😳

Good luck!!
Good luck!!

Thank you! Where have you applied?
I am going to be 18 at the start of the course for 2017 intake, I have received all my offers for paramedic science (one being surrey) and was wondering which is the best accommodation for parking ect? And what the living cost is going to be like the 2nd and 3rd year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey all, just found out i have an interview for this years intake at Teesside uni! If anyone else has one, feel free to message me!

Also, any interview tips/preparation tips?

Good luck to everyone waiting to find out :smile:
Original post by Courtneysmithy8
I am going to be 18 at the start of the course for 2017 intake, I have received all my offers for paramedic science (one being surrey) and was wondering which is the best accommodation for parking ect? And what the living cost is going to be like the 2nd and 3rd year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an interview at Surrey today but I will be 18 at the start of the course too apparently Hazel Farm has parking?? 😊
I have an interview at Surrey today but I will be 18 at the start of the course too apparently Hazel Farm has parking?? 😊

Yeah hazel farm had parking but it's 5k away from campus, good luck today for your interview!
Thank you! Where have you applied?

I've applied to Herts, Brookes, ARU, Tees and St Georges.
I've had offers from Brookes and Herts (conditional), rejected from Ruskin and still have St Georges and Tees interviews this month :smile:

Yes i received an offer on the same day as my interview on the 21st! Very excited.
I've applied to Herts, Brookes, ARU, Tees and St Georges.
I've had offers from Brookes and Herts (conditional), rejected from Ruskin and still have St Georges and Tees interviews this month :smile:

Hey i've also applied for Brookes, Herts, ARU and St Georges.
Conditional from Brookes Herts and ARU and still waiting on my St Georges interview. I also applied for surrey but have withdrawn my own application as i don't particularly want to attend their university.

Which do you think you will pick? Pretty sure I'm going to firm Herts and insurance Brookes.
Ive applied for the 2017 intake at Edge Hill, Liverpool john moores, Bristol UWE, St Georges London and Birmingham city. So far i have been given an interview for Edge Hill but was rejected by Bristol for a 'lack of evidence of experience'. I personally thought i had quite a lot of experience. Has any one else been rejected so far?
Original post by anniesmithxxx
Ive applied for the 2017 intake at Edge Hill, Liverpool john moores, Bristol UWE, St Georges London and Birmingham city. So far i have been given an interview for Edge Hill but was rejected by Bristol for a 'lack of evidence of experience'. I personally thought i had quite a lot of experience. Has any one else been rejected so far?

I also have been rejected by Bristol UWE, for lack of experience yet personaly I think I have a sufficient amount of experience volunteering for St. John's and doing many first aid courses, I have received offers for all my other choices though
Yeah I'm in St John as well and have a number of other voluntary and paid experiences. Must just be Bristol that's funny then.
Looking for people who had their staffs interview today.. how did it go for everyone else?

I'm kicking myself now because on reflection, I've realised the correct answer to one question

Quick Reply