The Student Room Group

Math project- Integration in applied mathematics

Hello,

I have to write a 3000 words essay (something similar to EPQ/EE but has to be more advanced) in maths.
The highest grades received are in applied mathematics and I decided that I am going to do my research in this field ( I have the greatest interest in it)
A bunch of people told me to look into population dynamics but I must admit that I am not that interested in it and have done my essays in this field
I want my essay to deal something with integration, derivatives and trigonometry. The highest grates receive essays that have applied something in real life and or/ created their own formula.

Personally, I had something in my mind but I cannot shape up the ideas. The angular velocity of a body in an elliptical orbit or something in engineering idk

Could you please help me
If you're not into population dynamics, maybe applications of Fourier analysis, i.e. signal processing could be of interest? For instance, x-ray imaging is a mathematical inverse problem which aims to recover information from a Radon (or x-ray) transform...this is an integral. :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by RamocitoMorales
If you're not into population dynamics, maybe applications of Fourier analysis, i.e. signal processing could be of interest? For instance, x-ray imaging is a mathematical inverse problem which aims to recover information from a Radon (or x-ray) transform...this is an integral. :wink:

Thank you!
I'll think about it!

Sill looking for more idease
If you're interested in planetary orbits maybe look into KAM (Kolmogorov-Arnold-Moser) theory.

Quick Reply

Latest