The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam Accomidation

Hi, I think I am going to firm Sheffield Hallam as my first choice as when I came I really loved it and I love the course I want to study too. I was just wondering if anybody could recommend the best sort of accommodation which is near collegiate campus, which is more affordable please? I was looking at the forge as that is reasonably close but if there are any others you could recommended please could you advise me:smile: thankyou!!
Original post by 99pl
Hi, I think I am going to firm Sheffield Hallam as my first choice as when I came I really loved it and I love the course I want to study too. I was just wondering if anybody could recommend the best sort of accommodation which is near collegiate campus, which is more affordable please? I was looking at the forge as that is reasonably close but if there are any others you could recommended please could you advise me:smile: thankyou!!

Hey :smile:

Have you had a look at our accommodation web pages? There's a map showing the distance of all our halls from both campuses. To give you a bit of a guide, the Forge is about a 15 minute walk, and Bramall Court and Charlotte Court are about a 20 minute walk from Collegiate campus and are also slightly cheaper. There are quite a few to choose from in this area! :h:

Thanks

Hannah & Laura
(Official Hallam reps)
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hey :smile:

Have you had a look at our accommodation web pages? There's a map showing the distance of all our halls from both campuses. To give you a bit of a guide, the Forge is about a 15 minute walk, and Bramall Court and Charlotte Court are about a 20 minute walk from Collegiate campus and are also slightly cheaper. There are quite a few to choose from in this area! :h:

Thanks

Hannah & Laura
(Official Hallam reps)

Hi I was looking at the length of the tenancies available at Sheffield Hallam I wanted a 51 week tenancy I have been offered a conditional place to study Diagnostic Radiography this September. Do healthcare students have to have longer tenancies for placement?
Reply 3
I emailed Sheffield about this last week and their contracts that are 51 weeks aren't released until April 😊.
You can still apply as normal and change your application at a later date if the accommodation you've picked doesn't do 51 week contracts.
This is what accommodation services told me
Original post by eg1em
I emailed Sheffield about this last week and their contracts that are 51 weeks aren't released until April 😊.
You can still apply as normal and change your application at a later date if the accommodation you've picked doesn't do 51 week contracts.
This is what accommodation services told me

Okay thank you so much
Im also hopefully starting at sheffield hallam in september doing radiography.
Does anyone know details/ whether its possible to claim expenses if we have to use alternative accommodation you our halls if our hospital is too far away?
Original post by chrismad4rit
Does anyone know details/ whether its possible to claim expenses if we have to use alternative accommodation you our halls if our hospital is too far away?

They said it's possible at the selection day but I'm not 100% sure how you go about claiming these expenses I'm sure they will explain in August at the pre course day hopefully I see you there we are doing the same course :smile:
Original post by chrismad4rit

Original post by GoddessTan
They said it's possible at the selection day but I'm not 100% sure how you go about claiming these expenses I'm sure they will explain in August at the pre course day hopefully I see you there we are doing the same course :smile:

Hi both,

Some students can claim expenses depending on how far away their placement is and how they travel there. It's worth speaking to the course leaders when you arrive in September, but if you are concerned at this stage you can speak to the health and social care admissions team who should be able to advise you. Ask for them on 0114 225 5555.

I hope that helps. If you've got any further questions around placement or accommodation, give me a shout :smile:

Laura

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending