The Student Room Group

Would you rather have no Internet or no cellphone?

Poll

Would you rather have ...

No cell phone, For sure! :lol:
Right now , i don't have a cell phone , i mean i don't need a cell phone. They are useless ! :biggrin:
But i have a beautiful laptop and i can do all my works with it :tongue:
In conclusion :tongue: ...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fardm76
Right now , i don't have a cell phone , i mean i don't need a cell phone. They are useless ! :biggrin:

I am the same. Don't have one, don't want one.
Original post by cambio wechsel

:biggrin: :yep:
I pretty much go on the internet on my cell phone.
On a personal use basis I would definately rather a phone as I don't use the internet that much on a personal level. But on a work level I would rather the internet as I wouldn't be able to do my job without it.
But , you have to choose between no Internet or no cell phone! :biggrin:
Cell phones are useless without Internet , aren't they? :tongue:
Reply 6
I could live without my phone...

But without internet...?
Reply 7
Original post by cambio wechsel

Why not????
Original post by fardm76
But , you have to choose between no Internet or no cell phone! :biggrin:
Cell phones are useless without Internet , aren't they? :tongue:

Exactly! That's why I'd choose Internet. Can't be living without that.
People who have a need to contact me, can find other ways - they can ring the landline like they used to before I got a phone, or email me. I would love to receive a letter from a friend :biggrin:
Original post by EC
Why not????

total waste of time and money. And they make people antisocial. Just get a notebook machine and an over the shoulder courier bag like mine (see avatar) and you're good to go.
:biggrin: :smile: :tongue: :h: = :yep: :yes:
Original post by fardm76

Much as i love my phone I'd rather have internet for research and things like that
While the Internet can occasionally be a bit of a detriment to human behaviour, it's become too big a necessity for me (and most people) to stop using just like that. Also, the vast amount of information available thanks to the Internet is a godsend if you like to learn about things for free. Also no internet = no TSR :eek:.

For that reason I'll have to choose living without a cellphone (I barely use mine anyway :laugh:).
Original post by fardm76

I chose cell phone, but I've literally no idea what a cell phone is. So, it can't be that essential, I figure.
Personally, I'd ditch the phone. However, I need my phone for work and other boring things old people have to do so it wouldn't be practical. When I was young I would send over 10,000 texts some months (we still texted back then) and now I probably send 20 :lol:
Reply 15
I can live without a phone any day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can call/FaceTime people on my Mac, which needs Wi-Fi. :h:
*Cell Phone* !?

What is this, America?

Mobile Phone!
you can text/ call over the internet and thats really all a phone is for
you can do everything a phone can do on an iPad, laptop, computer, even some tv's XD
Reply 19
No internet = No TSR
So I'd rather have no cell phone :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest