The Student Room Group

Filmmaking studies - HELP!

I'm currently a senior in highschool and I'm thinking about studying abroad in the UK.
I'm interested in filmaking and yet I have no idea which unis I should apply to..
I only have 2 weeks to apply so please reply as soon as possible!!!
Original post by Risen
I'm currently a senior in highschool and I'm thinking about studying abroad in the UK.
I'm interested in filmaking and yet I have no idea which unis I should apply to..
I only have 2 weeks to apply so please reply as soon as possible!!!

What sort of university environment (big city/small city/campus - cheap/expensive cost of living - big universities/small universities?) and film making are you interested in?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
What sort of university environment (big city/small city/campus - cheap/expensive cost of living - big universities/small universities?) and film making are you interested in?
l

I'm more interested in bigger city universities, cost of living on cheaper side I guess. Big universities in general. Btw does UAL count as a big uni?
Original post by Risen
l

I'm more interested in bigger city universities, cost of living on cheaper side I guess. Big universities in general. Btw does UAL count as a big uni?

UAL - although it's bigger than some smaller art colleges will feel much smaller *usually* because you'll be in a smaller college within UAL.

Most Film courses will have between 50 and 120 students starting each year

If you're wanting a big city and cheaper cost of living then somewhere like Hertfordshire (which also has excellent animation/3d courses and links with industry in London) or Sheffield Hallam would be worth a look.

Alternatively Salford and Manchester Met (Manchester School of Art) are located close to a lot of large UK media companies or Edinburgh has it's art college (although they are very picky and edinburgh isn't a cheap city) - York is a campus university but might be worth a look too.

http://creativeskillset.org/search/3433?tags%5B%5D=Film+Production+degrees&tags%5B%5D=&tags%5B%5D=&type%5B%5D=Undergraduate is useful for finding industry approved courses.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks for the help! I did a research on all universities you've listed and Sheffield Hallam, Salford really caught my attention. Could you list me a few more universities (without considering cost of living that much) ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending