The Student Room Group

Pets At Home Groom Room trail shift...

Hi,

I have just received a call being invited to a trial work shift this week at the groom room in pets at home as an assistant trainee dog groomer. I was wondering if anyone on here has been to a trail shift and could give me any advice or even tell me about your experience so I know what to expect! This is my dream job as I am going to college this year to study dog grooming so this job would be a perfect start so I really want to make a good impression!

Original post by lrnxo
Hi,

I have just received a call being invited to a trial work shift this week at the groom room in pets at home as an assistant trainee dog groomer. I was wondering if anyone on here has been to a trail shift and could give me any advice or even tell me about your experience so I know what to expect! This is my dream job as I am going to college this year to study dog grooming so this job would be a perfect start so I really want to make a good impression!

Aww congrats! Sounds like an amazing opportunity.
I've never worked for Pets at Home, but have had trial shifts before. Don't be too nervous, they don't expect you to know anything yet! Just make sure you come across as pro-active and willing to learn. If it's quiet, ask what you can do to help and keep busy at all times.
Other than that, be friendly and leave a good impression.
Reply 2
Original post by Hamo2509
Aww congrats! Sounds like an amazing opportunity.
I've never worked for Pets at Home, but have had trial shifts before. Don't be too nervous, they don't expect you to know anything yet! Just make sure you come across as pro-active and willing to learn. If it's quiet, ask what you can do to help and keep busy at all times.
Other than that, be friendly and leave a good impression.

I think im just over thinking and worrying because im unhappy in my current job so I guess im putting pressure on myself as not only is this a way out of my old job but its in a job I actually want to do to turn into a future career so very nervous! just want to get it right haha

I think it'll be okay once im there but sitting here thinking about it now makes me extra nervous! I just hope I not mess up the trail shift, as I have no experience in dog grooming and they know this already as it is a trainee position

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending