The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kiera28
I noticed my status had updates to 'pending decision' too! Best of luck:h: where else have you applied?

Yeah, it's really freaking me out now, as I really want to know their decision, although I am expecting rejection as my grades have been poorer compared to those applying. Yet, I hope they don't take till March to reply! I've also applied for:

Liverpool (Psychology - conditional offer)
Leeds (Philosophy, Psychology and Scientific Thought - conditional offer)
Stirling (Philosophy / Psychology - conditional offer)
Warwick (Philosophy with Psychology - pending decision)

What others have you applied for? :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by clucky_chick
Yeah, it's really freaking me out now, as I really want to know their decision, although I am expecting rejection as my grades have been poorer compared to those applying. Yet, I hope they don't take till March to reply! I've also applied for:

I'm also expecting a rejection haha but I just want to know now, such a long wait! I've had offers from Glasgow, Warwick, Sussex and Cardiff :smile: all for straight Psychology but Sussex and Cardiff offer a sandwich year.

My friend has received an offer for Neuroscience from St. Andrews but hasn't heard back from Psychology either (she applied for both) which is interesting as they're part of the same academic school.
Original post by kiera28
I'm also expecting a rejection haha but I just want to know now, such a long wait! I've had offers from Glasgow, Warwick, Sussex and Cardiff :smile: all for straight Psychology but Sussex and Cardiff offer a sandwich year.

My friend has received an offer for Neuroscience from St. Andrews but hasn't heard back from Psychology either (she applied for both) which is interesting as they're part of the same academic school.

Congratulations on your offers! How long did it take for you to hear back from Warwick? I'm expecting them to take a little bit of time as they have changed the philosophy curriculum, and have been asking applicants via e-mail if they are still interested in applying / giving support for those wanting to change courses.

Yeah, I'm so impatient. I just want to know their decision asap. But I will be really upset if they don't give me an offer. Probably hibernate for a few weeks, haha. :smile:
Reply 423
Course Applying: Computer Science
Advanced Higher subjects: Computer Science and Maths
Highers: Maths - A, Physics - A, Computer Science - A, Chemistry - B, English - C, Spanish - Predicted A
Extra-curriculars: Nuffield Project Placement, Mark Scott leadership for Life Award, Classroom assistant in computer science classes
Has anyone heard from St A's for Classics? The wait is killing me lol :s-smilie:
Hi, I'm from america and applied for classics. I applied the 27th of December and still have not received an email stating that they got my application. Is that normal?
Original post by Marylander98
Hi, I'm from america and applied for classics. I applied the 27th of December and still have not received an email stating that they got my application. Is that normal?

I wouldn't worry if I were you, it's probably just that they've not got back to work after the Christmas break quite yet! I'm sure you'll get it soon! Where else have you applied for Classics (if you don't mind me asking, haven't found many Classicists on TSR lol)?
Original post by Kalahari99
I wouldn't worry if I were you, it's probably just that they've not got back to work after the Christmas break quite yet! I'm sure you'll get it soon! Where else have you applied for Classics (if you don't mind me asking, haven't found many Classicists on TSR lol)?

Yeah, of course! I've mostly applied to american unis, such as Davidson and Emory for more reaches. And other schools more situated around Maryland like University of Maryland and Loyola university of Maryland as more of safety schools, and then I also applied to Fordham in New York as well. What about you? Are you situated in the U.K. or in America?
Yeah, of course! I've mostly applied to american unis, such as Davidson and Emory for more reaches. And other schools more situated around Maryland like University of Maryland and Loyola university of Maryland as more of safety schools, and then I also applied to Fordham in New York as well. What about you? Are you situated in the U.K. or in America?

I'm in the UK, which probs why I haven't heard from St A's yet! I've also applied to Oxford (had interviews in December, pretty disastrous but ah well), Exeter, KCL and Nottingham!
There are some classics applicants in the Oxford thread. @fablereader is one of them (sorry can't tag him on phone tho :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kalahari99
I'm in the UK, which probs why I haven't heard from St A's yet! I've also applied to Oxford (had interviews in December, pretty disastrous but ah well), Exeter, KCL and Nottingham!

Oh, does it take St. Andrew's longer to get back to U.K. applicants?
Original post by wolfmoon88
There are some classics applicants in the Oxford thread. @fablereader is one of them (sorry can't tag him on phone tho :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Popping in now! I haven't heard anything back, but I basically decided that I was definitely going to apply to St. Andrews right after Christmas, so I wouldn't expect anything back. I'm also applying to Oxford, UCL and Trinity St. David. Still deciding between Durham and Newcastle for a fifth choice.
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone know when Physics offers are typically made to RUK applicants?
Oh, does it take St. Andrew's longer to get back to U.K. applicants?

Yeah, apparently I'll have to wait until after the 15th of January, which is the final deadline for all UK applicants, as part of St A's 'gathered field' policy, annoying but oh well!
Hiya I'm from across the pond (ROI) and I applied for Management Science, was wondering if anyone has gotten a reply back yet? And does referred mean the same thing as pending decision?
Does anyone know if there is a Facebook page or group chat set up yet for applicants and offer holders for 2017?
Original post by clucky_chick

:s-smilie: I applied to Stirling for Psychology as well but nothing yet, how quickly did they reply?
Are we going to hear back only after UCAS deadline (from RUK)?
Original post by Naïve
:s-smilie: I applied to Stirling for Psychology as well but nothing yet, how quickly did they reply?

When my application was sent off (Friday Afternoon), I received a response on Monday afternoon. They are usually quite quick. How long ago did you send your application off?
Original post by rolaah
Are we going to hear back only after UCAS deadline (from RUK)?

I really hope so! I'm getting so impatient waiting. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending