The Student Room Group

Very confused about a guy???? Help :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rock Fan
You obviously like each other, you have a choice, either tell him and see what happens or you don't tell him and he eventually goes with someone else and you never get him.

That's true but I know i like him and i think he pretty much knows I like him too, so if that's the case I always wonder, why hasn't he done something?
Original post by Anonymous
That's true but I know i like him and i think he pretty much knows I like him too, so if that's the case I always wonder, why hasn't he done something?

Shy maybe, like I said doesn't have to be the guy who makes the first move, as I kept saying either say something or you lose him.
Shy maybe, like I said doesn't have to be the guy who makes the first move, as I kept saying either say something or you lose him.

and what can i say, since when i send him a personal message saying " glad to see you aand catch up and hope can see you again in the future" and the reply is like" yeah it is good to see EVERYONE have a good year!" like okay? what??

i don't understand him, surely if you liked someone you would make conversation with them if they messaged you not just try and end the conversation. so then i think ah he doesnt like me, but then WHY do everything what i said above the other night ^^^ Even his friends noticed that he was standing with me all night, as some girls got very jealous.
and what can i say, since when i send him a personal message saying " glad to see you aand catch up and hope can see you again in the future" and the reply is like" yeah it is good to see EVERYONE have a good year!" like okay? what??

i don't understand him, surely if you liked someone you would make conversation with them if they messaged you not just try and end the conversation. so then i think ah he doesnt like me, but then WHY do everything what i said above the other night ^^^ Even his friends noticed that he was standing with me all night, as some girls got very jealous.

There's something wrong with him 😫 I think get your friends to ask him on social media and say "I noticed you was hovering around (insert your name here) I can totally set you 2 up , I think she MAYBE interested to"

By saying MAYBE doesn't put out you like him it puts out that your friend thinks that but then if he says no I don't and then your friend can say oh she said the same thing aswell that she don't like u aswell ???? Cmon this is a good idea
There's something wrong with him 😫 I think get your friends to ask him on social media and say "I noticed you was hovering around (insert your name here) I can totally set you 2 up , I think she MAYBE interested to"

By saying MAYBE doesn't put out you like him it puts out that your friend thinks that but then if he says no I don't and then your friend can say oh she said the same thing aswell that she don't like u aswell ???? Cmon this is a good idea

Exactly do you see why i'm like so confused :frown: wish i could work him out!! and its such a good plan, the only problem is my friend has no idea that i have liked him or that he could like me, i haven't mentioned it to her because she is one of my good friends but not my best friends and i don't know what she would think, because he is very good looking and a lot of girls fancy him, so she might also be jealous/annoyed because i know even she finds him attractive and she is taken.It's so hard to try and keep ijn contact and keep close if he doesn't respond to messages in a good way, but at the same time i don't understand WHY he doesn't respond friendly way, especially when he kept taking pictures of us on his phone and hanging round with me all night, holding hands, a hug etc. its so confusing?
There's this guy who has shown me strange signs for almost a year now. In September he kept sitting with me (just me and him) in all my free periods, but at first not talking ( shy perhaps..) but then he started getting chattier with me. We then added each other on social networks, but it was always me who would like posts, and we never really spoke online. But he kept staring at me in class, gave me several car lifts, he tried to sit next to me whenever possible, staring at me during every class, and lingering around in the room to walk out with just me down the corridor. And then one day I thought he had doodled his name on my folder but I'm still unsure about that. He would compliment me too in front of everyone and say to the teacher that I'm really clever, or a really nice person. One day he wanted to share a book with me, rather than just use his own. And every lunchtime he all of a sudden seemed to be wherever I was, and started listening to the same music as me, possibly on purpose.

Then we had a strange time in January where we kinda stopped talking, we stopped sitting together, and everything sorta faded out, for no valid reason. He then wrote on some paper one day "what's going on??" ( not to me personally he just wrote it)

But recently he's starting talking to me again, and keeps looking at me. He's been asking me strange questions like homework questions/ answers that he had in front of him but "just wanted to double check with me.." He also asked me which building we were in for next period, when he had already put his bag in there, so he already knew the answer to the question. I really don't know what to do anymore or what to think? I thought we had something and then I gave up, but now I'm beginning to wonder if he still likes me..Anyone suggest anything??

i think you should ask him out, sometimes you have to make the first move , every relationship should be 50/50 i think because its what you give and what they put in too. However the way he is behaving does seem slightly different but i mean everyone has different ways of showing love and liking someone , so maybe this is his way. I think you should be direct and ask him so you know because before you know it if you dont ask you may never get a chance or there may never be a tomorrow.,,
Exactly do you see why i'm like so confused :frown: wish i could work him out!! and its such a good plan, the only problem is my friend has no idea that i have liked him or that he could like me, i haven't mentioned it to her because she is one of my good friends but not my best friends and i don't know what she would think, because he is very good looking and a lot of girls fancy him, so she might also be jealous/annoyed because i know even she finds him attractive and she is taken.It's so hard to try and keep ijn contact and keep close if he doesn't respond to messages in a good way, but at the same time i don't understand WHY he doesn't respond friendly way, especially when he kept taking pictures of us on his phone and hanging round with me all night, holding hands, a hug etc. its so confusing?

But that girl must of noticed that he was hovering and she is in a relationship so why should she be jealous ?

If girls fancy him why hasn't he went for them? Does he do this to other girls aswell?
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Original post by Ria25
i think you should ask him out, sometimes you have to make the first move , every relationship should be 50/50 i think because its what you give and what they put in too. However the way he is behaving does seem slightly different but i mean everyone has different ways of showing love and liking someone , so maybe this is his way. I think you should be direct and ask him so you know because before you know it if you dont ask you may never get a chance or there may never be a tomorrow.,,

Yes i know exactly where you are coming from with that.. :smile: great point, but i don't want to spoil our friendship by asking him out unless im sure that he likes me. And i don't think hes looking for a girlfriend as he told me hes focusing on his job at the moment and he doesn't want to be working away and not see his grilfriend. But i'd be fine with that since im away from home most of the time anyway
Original post by jasmine43
But that girl must of noticed that he was hovering and she is in a relationship so why should she be jealous ?

If girls fancy him why hasn't he went for them? Does he do this to other girls aswell?

She did probably but don't think she thought much of it or payed much attention as she was talking to some other people there that we know or on her phone to her boyfriend. I don't know because most people think he's attractive so feel annoyed when he talks to other people (e.g me)

I'm not sure, he hasn't been this close to other girls i don't think, he was only like that with me.
i just don't know what to do? keep worrying that i'm overthinking and he doesn't actually like me and maybe thatas why hes not talkative on social networks, but in real life hes shy around me so maybe its just him being shy :frown: hes so confusing :frown:
i just don't know what to do? keep worrying that i'm overthinking and he doesn't actually like me and maybe thatas why hes not talkative on social networks, but in real life hes shy around me so maybe its just him being shy :frown: hes so confusing :frown:

Don't mean to be horrible but you have got over 200 replies here and most of them are telling you to talk to him and ask him out.

Hey ignore what people are saying -about talking to him yeah I've mentioned that and other people but if that's not what u want to do then that's not what u want to do ! We have to find other ways around it but the plan that someone mentioned about getting your friend to ask is a good idea
Hey ignore what people are saying -about talking to him yeah I've mentioned that and other people but if that's not what u want to do then that's not what u want to do ! We have to find other ways around it but the plan that someone mentioned about getting your friend to ask is a good idea

Not being funny usually unless you ask you will not know, not all friends are reliable either.
Not being funny usually unless you ask you will not know, not all friends are reliable either.

true! I agree!

Should I ask him if he wants to hang out next week or would that be strange? Considering I'm not in his friendship group or anything I wouldn't know what to invite him to or whatnot to suggest and I'm sure he would say no Snd I don't want to spoil our friendship :frown:
true! I agree!

See my reply to rock fan 😁
Should I ask him if he wants to hang out next week or would that be strange? Considering I'm not in his friendship group or anything I wouldn't know what to invite him to or whatnot to suggest and I'm sure he would say no Snd I don't want to spoil our friendship :frown:

You got nothing to lose by asking to hang out with him.
I am in the same situation as you, well im out of it now.
The guy acted exactly the same way you described, i was always the first to text him and planned things, but really what was happening was that he was just playing the field, i was merely a distraction whilst he was in class and when i wasn't with him i was out of his mind completely unless i texted him and he really enjoyed the attention. he even told me that he did everything apart from sex with some girl and thought he was in a relationship with her over the weekend, but she was doing it to get back with her ex which she did(he used this as an excuse as to why he didnt reply to my text, saying he had a weekend from hell because of this girl). i wouldnt waste to much time on this guy, if he is really at all interested he will pursue you like crazy and thats more than just wanting to hang around with you. at the end of the day you can either ask him if hes interested in a relationship at the moment and if he likes you or just flap around getting hurt and confused by him. just take my words with a pinch of salt perhaps hes not at all like the guy i was chasing. Best of luck :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
You got nothing to lose by asking to hang out with him.

what should i suggest we do? i think cinema is a bit unsociable but he is shy with conversation anyway so maybe watch a movie at one of our houses or like maybe go on a walk as he likes walking idk? what do you think? i dont want it to seem too serious and i'm 99 percent certain he'll probably say no

Quick Reply

Latest