The Student Room Group

Portfolio Advice

I have a few sketchbooks and work boards to bring for my undergraduate interviews, but I'm not sure if I have enough. How much have people included with them? Thanks
What course?
Edit: Specifically Art?
Reply 2
Original post by CarysJSLewis
What course?
Edit: Specifically Art?

Fashion Promotion/Fashion Communications

-honestly I'm so confused on what to bring or whether I'm meant to have just one, single portfolio

Thanks!
Original post by taekook

-honestly I'm so confused on what to bring or whether I'm meant to have just one, single portfolio

Thanks!

Well, I can't help specifically with that course, but I am applying to do animation, and have been to 1/5 interviews already.
Just remind yourself that your interviews will have a time limit, so it's recommended that you bring your strongest portfolio work, instead of lots of work, if that makes sense.
I made one portfolio with a collection of my work from my graphics and IT, as well as things that i've done outside of class. I also took along one of my small graphics portfolios but they ran out of time before they could look through properly.
So yeah, just be conscious of time and bring work that you think is strong, and you can talk about :smile:
Original post by taekook
I have a few sketchbooks and work boards to bring for my undergraduate interviews, but I'm not sure if I have enough. How much have people included with them? Thanks

Original post by taekook

Thanks!

Hey taekook,

When I went for an interview, I had one sketch book. I made sure to have a range of techniques I can talk about and show off my skills. If your portfolio can show your unique skill sets and your passion for Fashion Promotion/Fashion Communications then it should be great. If you feel that it is still not enough, I would recommend making mini samples of work or some doodles that you might have done and relates to your ideal course. Or perhaps a website that has some of your work posted?

Feel free to check out Ravensbourne if are interested in future.

Hope this helps. Goodluck with your interview!
Kay

Quick Reply

Latest