The Student Room Group

Help how do you breathe

so like sometimes i take control of my own breathing and that's what i've just done and i've forgotten how to do it normally without thinking about how to do it - please help - i can't keep living like this!!!
Original post by Islaforest
so like sometimes i take control of my own breathing and that's what i've just done and i've forgotten how to do it normally without thinking about how to do it - please help - i can't keep living like this!!!

Even when you think about breathing then stop thinking about it your body doesn't "forget" how to breathe it continues on its own so don't worry about it
Reply 2
Original post by matthewp15
even when you think about breathing then stop thinking about it your body doesn't "forget" how to breathe it continues on its own so don't worry about it

i cant forget to breathe or ill die
i cant forget to breathe or ill die

Exactly,when your asleep your not consciously breathing your body is doing it for you so therefore this isn't a real problem
Reply 4
Same thing happens with me, sometimes. Went to GP and he said it is automated but I am 95% sure he is 100% useless because when I said that I have terrible head ache after squats in gym he just replied "don't squat"...
Reply 5
Original post by Recont
Same thing happens with me, sometimes. Went to GP and he said it is automated but I am 95% sure he is 100% useless because when I said that I have terrible head ache after squats in gym he just replied "don't squat"...

, i think your doctor might be me....
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by MatthewP15
Exactly,when your asleep your not consciously breathing your body is doing it for you so therefore this isn't a real problem

it is a problem, i don't sleep incase i stop breathe will laying unconscious
Reply 7
it is a problem, i don't sleep incase i stop breathe will laying unconscious

Hmm are you trolling? A person can only do so many all nighters.

Breathing is innate - you cant 'forget' how to breathe. If you dont think about it you will still be breathing.

Quick Reply

Latest