The Student Room Group

Would you stay with someone who beats you up?

would you stay with someone if they hit you , got angry and mad at you even though you loved them or they say they loved you . and why ?
All answers would be appreciated.
Thank you ...

Scroll to see replies

No because I'm not a masochist.
Get out of the relationship. Now.
No. How can they love you if they beat you up?
If they are violent towards you why would you still love them? And if they really love you they wouldn't physically hurt you.
Original post by Tiger Rag
No. How can they love you if they beat you up?

if anyone has watched the documentary murdered by my boyfriend, it is more relatable but, in that she loved him and he loved her and he would beat her for not picking up the phone or returning home late , but say i still love you and i never want to hurt you.
Original post by Ria25
if anyone has watched the documentary murdered by my boyfriend, it is more relatable but, in that she loved him and he loved her and he would beat her for not picking up the phone or returning home late , but say i still love you and i never want to hurt you.

But that's just words. Anyone could say anything like that.
Original post by Tiger Rag
But that's just words. Anyone could say anything like that.

your right, so you would not stay with them ?
Yeah because that would be cute, like when a baby grabs your thumb and refuses to let go

:h:
no definitely not because it would not be healthy for either party and sooner or later one of them would probably end up dead, either from the aggressor lashing out and going to far with a beating or the person being beaten one day having endured to much and snapping. it would only end badly so the best thing to do in that situation would be to walk away and cut all contact
Original post by Palmyra
Yeah because that would be cute, like when a baby grabs your thumb and refuses to let go

awww, thank you , your so sweet and i really appreciate your answer:h:
Get out of that relationship, immediately.
Reply 12
God no

doesn't matter how much YOU love him, how much does he love you if he is able to do this to you?

beat you like a dog, he probably wouldn't even harm his own dog. is that love to you? wheres the respect?

do you really want to spend your life tiptoeing around someone just because you 'love' them?

think about it, you'll be too scared to tell him anything, you'll be too scared to anger him. you'll be too scared to upset him. you'll have to live your life always getting his permission before you can do anything. the more you let him get away with it, the more he'll do it to you. he'll start to do it without reason, simply because he can and because it makes him happy to cause you so much pain

seriously love I've seen it happen to my own family member. they don't just beat, the control and manipulate and dominate. it'll get to the point where you won't be able to leave him because he TOLD YOU that you aren't allowed to. it'll get to the point where he'll tell you that he views you as his property and he knows he can do whatever he wants to you. You'll lose everything - your family, your friends, your home, your dignity... and then one day maybe even your life. and why... because you 'loved' him? Love is nothing without respect. If hes hitting you - LEAVE. NOW. otherwise you'll spend your life regretting it.

and p.s - don't be under the assumption that you can 'change him'. men don't ever change until they decide to.
Reply 13
Original post by Ria25
your right, so you would not stay with them ?

They are physically abusing you, it's obvious they don't really love you. Open your eyes!
Original post by Palmyra

eh? :s-smilie:
No, always love yourself first
Original post by Ria25
awww, thank you , your so sweet and i really appreciate your answer:h:

I should add that my response was purely from a male perspective (where he is the one being 'beaten').
Original post by neal95
no definitely not because it would not be healthy for either party and sooner or later one of them would probably end up dead, either from the aggressor lashing out and going to far with a beating or the person being beaten one day having endured to much and snapping. it would only end badly so the best thing to do in that situation would be to walk away and cut all contact

your right it would be the best and the consequences would be bad in the long term too , thanks for your answer , would you ever hit someone you love because you got angry ?
Reply 18
Abuse is not common in a healthy relationship, don't you lie to yourself and think that this is love. It's not. People who stay in abusive relationships thinking that their abuser loves them, forget what respecting and caring about each other actually means.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Palmyra
I should add that my response was purely from a male perspective (where he is the one being 'beaten':wink:.

thats fine i still appreciate your answer , it was differnt and unique.:h:

Quick Reply