The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Double Science Coursework

For AQA GCSE Double Science Coursework, can anyone send me a link of recent grade boundaries related to my course? We are doing the old specification and we were not told if the Coursework was higher or foundation just that you could get any grade on it.
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
Really? No one?
Original post by S2M
For AQA GCSE Double Science Coursework, can anyone send me a link of recent grade boundaries related to my course? We are doing the old specification and we were not told if the Coursework was higher or foundation just that you could get any grade on it.

I also do AQA GCSE Science and in general the boundaries for any controlled assessment / coursework are fairly similar every year, for most if not all subjects the coursework / CA is untiered, so you can achieve ANY grade A* - G. For the June 2016 Science CA the boundaries were:

Core Science:
MAX = 50
A* = 43
A = 40
B = 37
C = 34
D = 28
E = 22
F = 17
G = 12
U = <12

Additional Science:
MAX = 50
A* = 44
A = 40
B = 36
C = 33
D = 27
E = 22
F = 17
G = 12
U = <12

The boundaries generally dont change for science CA especially at grades A, C and G
Reply 4
Original post by Student2416
I also do AQA GCSE Science and in general the boundaries for any controlled assessment / coursework are fairly similar every year, for most if not all subjects the coursework / CA is untiered, so you can achieve ANY grade A* - G. For the June 2016 Science CA the boundaries were:

Core Science:
MAX = 50
A* = 43
A = 40
B = 37
C = 34
D = 28
E = 22
F = 17
G = 12
U = <12

Additional Science:
MAX = 50
A* = 44
A = 40
B = 36
C = 33
D = 27
E = 22
F = 17
G = 12
U = <12

The boundaries generally dont change for science CA especially at grades A, C and G

Thank you very much. :smile: Is there a Coursework that is out of 20?
Original post by S2M
Thank you very much. :smile: Is there a Coursework that is out of 20?

Well the coursework i did was out of 50, but split into 2 parts, the first being out of 20 and the second being out of 30. So i'm not sure unless you're doing a different Spec :-/
Reply 6
Well the coursework i did was out of 50, but split into 2 parts, the first being out of 20 and the second being out of 30. So i'm not sure unless you're doing a different Spec :-/

Yes I think I'm doing the same one as you! :smile: Does paper 1 have the methods part which is worth 9 marks alone.
Original post by S2M
Yes I think I'm doing the same one as you! :smile: Does paper 1 have the methods part which is worth 9 marks alone.

Yeah that sounds the same as my CA
Reply 8
Yeah that sounds the same as my CA

Yeah I think we are doing the same. You know for the source part where your supposed write the references, are you supposed to search your hypothesis on google?
Original post by S2M
Yeah I think we are doing the same. You know for the source part where your supposed write the references, are you supposed to search your hypothesis on google?

For your sources you can use anything such as the internet or textbooks as long as you can fully reference them to avoid plagiarism
Reply 10
For your sources you can use anything such as the internet or textbooks as long as you can fully reference them to avoid plagiarism

Ohh right thanks for your help. :smile:
Reply 11

You know the AQA notes sheet, does it have to be neat? My writing on there is kind of squashed together.

Quick Reply

Latest