The Student Room Group

She is cheating on me?

Am I right to be suspicious?

Dating a girl, about 2 months. We have sex on a regular basis.

Last night, she was at my place. Everything was normal. She gets up and goes to her bag. She has a pill and takes it down.

I would think nothing off it, but it's the way she looked. She kept looking if I was looking.

I keep looking at her, then she gets all nervous. So I question her.

She says they are just painkillers. I can tell she is lying. Then she says it is contraception.

I ask why? (I also us a condom, no matter what).

She then says how she gets really bad period pains, so the doctor says take them.

I make an excuse and she leaves my house. She called me this morning,just general small talk.

But I just feel she is having sex with another guy. It's just the way she reacted.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't get why she felt nervous when taking a contraceptive pill, nor do I understand why she lied to you in the first place when it's a common thing to use contraception even if you also use a condom.

If your instinct is telling you that she's hiding something, she probably is. The whole thing seems sketchy. Maybe she has some health problems she doesn't want to talk about.
Reply 2
Original post by EC
I don't get why she felt nervous when taking a contraceptive pill, nor do I understand why she lied to you in the first place when it's a common thing to use contraception even if you also use a condom.

If your instinct is telling you that she's hiding something, she probably is. The whole thing seems sketchy. Maybe she has some health problems she doesn't want to talk about.

I agree, we are both uni students. We are both adults. There is no need to act all sneaky.

And yeah it's the lie, and the way she got all nervous when I asked her.

Also I didn't know many girls used contraception when having protected sex?

I guess I will follow my gut instinct on this one, and dump her.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I agree, we are both uni students. We are both adults. There is no need to act all sneaky.

I mean it's good to use contraception just to be safe, that's not something to be complained about, it's just the fact that with you two being adults, you shouldn't really be hiding normal things like this one.

You'll just simply dump her without asking her anything, maybe she has an explanation..

Edit: I meant is it a serious relationship?
(edited 7 years ago)

Plenty of people use double protection. imo youve jumped to conclusions. You should at least have a chat with her, but youve made your mind up it seems.
Maybe she didn't want to admit using the pill to you? My gf in school was the same, I knew she took it, but when it was time for her to take it she became all weird. Once, she had set a reminder on her phone for it, it reminded her to take it, and I heard it and was like "what's that" and she was all weird and sneaky about it...
easiest option is to dump her
Reply 7
Original post by EC
I mean it's good to use contraception just to be safe, that's not something to be complained about, it's just the fact that with you two being adults, you shouldn't really be hiding normal things like this one.

You'll just simply dump her without asking her anything, maybe she has an explanation..

Edit: I meant is it a serious relationship?

We haven't had the BF and Gf talk, but we have asked each other at the start are we dating other people. I said no.

I doubt she will ever explain, unless I bring it up. And even then she may lie
She might be using the pill because of problems with her periods. I do.
Reply 9
We haven't had the BF and Gf talk, but we have asked each other at the start are we dating other people. I said no.

I doubt she will ever explain, unless I bring it up. And even then she may lie

It seems to me like you don't care too much about the relationship if you can end it so easily without trying to make it work, but it's your decision.
Not everyone would want to admit using the pill for whatever reason :dontknow: I feel as though you are jumping to conclusions- instead of handling it suitably.
Then again -I do have a thing about instincts too, seeing as mine tend to prove true.
You could just talk to her at least?
It's like when you ask your self does that boy/girl like me. You always go with your gut instinct.

If you saw the way she got all nervous and lied, you would also have a similar feeling
Original post by EC
It seems to me like you don't care too much about the relationship if you can end it so easily without trying to make it work, but it's your decision.

I just don't know how else to bring it up, and what happens if she is lying again.
Original post by Tiger Rag
She might be using the pill because of problems with her periods. I do.

I searched that up and it's true, but why lie and say it's painkillers

Original post by yudothis
Maybe she didn't want to admit using the pill to you? My gf in school was the same, I knew she took it, but when it was time for her to take it she became all weird. Once, she had set a reminder on her phone for it, it reminded her to take it, and I heard it and was like "what's that" and she was all weird and sneaky about it...

Original post by 999tigger
Plenty of people use double protection. imo youve jumped to conclusions. You should at least have a chat with her, but youve made your mind up it seems.

I just don't know why she lied? And why she avoided the question and tried to change topics. It's just all to sneaky for my liking.

The way she left the house too, she kept on saying when will I see you again, what are you doing over the weekend. It's like so much in security hit her at once.
Reply 14
I just don't know how else to bring it up, and what happens if she is lying again.

Just tell her what's bothering you, tell her that she gave you reasons to feel like she's not being honest with you and you'd appreciate if she'd be sincere in this relationship.
Chances are she is probably telling you the truth about the pill, think you are being a bit paranoid.
It's like when you ask your self does that boy/girl like me. You always go with your gut instinct.

If you saw the way she got all nervous and lied, you would also have a similar feeling

People get all nervous about different things. I have my own things that I get nervous about too. I genuinely think you should just ask her?

But if you've made up your mind that she is cheating on you, then I don't think this relationship will go anywhere.

You should also consider the fact that you may be a tad paranoid. So why? As much as I am a believer of instincts, you still need some sort of fact at times. Here, you'd at least give her a say?

That would bring the question of how to bring it up. Just ask her why she became nervous when you asked about the pills.

Just so you know, yes the doctor does prescribe them for really bad period pains, so it can be called a painkiller in a sense. Not a complete truth,but not a complete lie. If anyone were to ask me about them if I was taking them, I'd probably opt for saying 'painkillers' too.
Original post by Rock Fan
Chances are she is probably telling you the truth about the pill, think you are being a bit paranoid.

Maybe, but I trust my gut instict. It's the way she went all funny

lol uhoh

This is pointless

Original post by EC
Just tell her what's bothering you, tell her that she gave you reasons to feel like she's not being honest with you and you'd appreciate if she'd be sincere in this relationship.

Yeah I will try that, but my only fear is she lies and I believe her. Truth may come out later, and it will hurt more

Level with her - you have nothing to lose if you're going to dump her otherwise (which sounds OTT to me). It may just be medication that she doesn't want you to know about, e.g. anti-depressants, or exactly what she said it was.
Am I right to be suspicious?

Dating a girl, about 2 months. We have sex on a regular basis.

Last night, she was at my place. Everything was normal. She gets up and goes to her bag. She has a pill and takes it down.

I would think nothing off it, but it's the way she looked. She kept looking if I was looking.

I keep looking at her, then she gets all nervous. So I question her.

She says they are just painkillers. I can tell she is lying. Then she says it is contraception.

I ask why? (I also us a condom, no matter what).

She then says how she gets really bad period pains, so the doctor says take them.

I make an excuse and she leaves my house. She called me this morning,just general small talk.

But I just feel she is having sex with another guy. It's just the way she reacted.

Are you sure it wasn't a "morning after pill"?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending