The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The only anime I've ever watched is NANA and I loved it! It's amazing.
Assassination Classroom is a good one
Guys, what's Mirai Nikki about and would you recommend it?
Reply 23
Ghost in the Shell before the live action ruins it forever and makes it unwatchable.
Original post by RussianMan
Guys, what's Mirai Nikki about and would you recommend it?

Main character keeps a phone diary, recording every little thing that he says, thinks and does. Wakes up one day to find that this diary now predicts what will happen to him for the next 90 days, in the same level of detail. Female lead is a crazy stalker, who keeps a phone diary observing the MC's every move - she also gains info on what will happen to him in the near future. Both end up in a survival game, pitted against others with similar future diaries, but all have a slightly different focus.

I would recommend it. :yes:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Main character keeps a phone diary, recording every little thing that he says, thinks and does. Wakes up one day to find that this diary now predicts what will happen to him for the next 90 days, in the same level of detail. Female lead is a crazy stalker, who keeps a phone diary observing the MC's every move - she also gains info on what will happen to him in the near future. Both end up in a survival game, pitted against others with similar future diaries, but all have a slightly different focus.

I would recommend it. :yes:

That seems amazing :emo: Thank you, I'll try watching it today :colone:
Original post by Tubbz
Ghost in the Shell before the live action ruins it forever and makes it unwatchable.

Which one though, I would say Ghost in the Shell 2.0.
Sword art online and vampire knight
Reply 28
Original post by Willy Pete
Which one though, I would say Ghost in the Shell 2.0.

I loved stand alone complex, I can't think of any bad stuff.
Assassination class room
Japanese with subs
Original post by Tubbz
I loved stand alone complex, I can't think of any bad stuff.

:facepalm2:
Death note and jojos bizarre adventure
Reply 32
Original post by Willy Pete
:facepalm2:

SAC series, rather than the the movie...
Original post by niteninja1
Assassination class room
Japanese with subs

I'm a dubbed person, but Assassination Classroom dubbed version is disgraceful. Death Note has the best English dubs imo.
Original post by BlindingLight
Getting into the anime scene =^.^=

Which animes can I binge-watch to escape my crippling depression?

You can certainly binge on anime, but you cannot escape your depression by doing so. If you wanna escape that, then learn to love yourself and forgive things.

Anyway these are some masterpieces:
Code Geass (Strategic-war Masterpiece)
Death Note (Strategic-supernatural Masterpiece)
Steins;Gate (Don't mess with time Masterpiece)
Fate/Zero (Darker-war Masterpiece)
Cowboy Bebop (This has it all. Masterpiece)
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (One of the best shows ever Masterpiece)
Clannad (Comedic and Romantic - one of the best shows ever Masterpiece)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by BlindingLight
Getting into the anime scene =^.^=

Which animes can I binge-watch to escape my crippling depression?

Angel beats ,but it's super sad!So some funny animes:Baka and test summon the beast ,baka to test shoukanjuu ,and kill me baby!!!!:3

Ganbarou!
kill me baby.jpg
Attachment not found
There are some very good ones. Start off with death note (brilliant) then go onto attack on titan and kabanerin of the iron fortress both wicked imo
Full metal alchemist is very good too a lot of episodes. One punch man is my personal favourite it has a lot of humour while being really entertaining and hero academia is a fairly new one :biggrin: hope you watch em all cause I really enjoyed em :smile:
Watch monster if you want a serious adult thriller anime.
Reply 38
Hentai
Tell us what animes you`ve seen and liked/ didnt like and we can recommend stuff based on that. ^.^

But I`ll tell you some that I liked personally in the meantime:

For comedy it has to be `The Devil`s A Part Timer`. BTW you can look up the plot summaries for these and see if you like the sound of them :3

For a bit of dark comedy but plenty of intelligence I`d recommend `Bungou Stray Dogs`. Although it would make more sense if you look up some context on who Dazai Osamu is and if you`ve heard of Natsume Soseki (a Japanese author) and Fitzgerald (author of The Great Gatsby). Don`t get me wrong you don`t need to know much about these people you can go in as blind as I did and still enjoy the hell out of this anime.

Speaking of Hell, I can`t recommend anime without talking about Black Butler a.k.a Kuroshitsuji. This series has to be one of my top series of all time and most people I know who have seen it loved it! Although episode 1 is not the best so if you hang in past there you`re in for one hell of an anime! (if you watch it you`ll appreciate my reference hehe) It`s about a boy who sells his soul to the demon and then that demon becomes his butler. The opening songs are... what can I say.... just give them a listen and you`ll understand.... Anyway it`s coming up with a season 4 and I. CANNOT. WAIT.

Another one I can recommend is part of the genre known as reverse harem (a genre with loads of hot guys or `bishounen` revolving around a female protagonist) is `Diabolik Lovers`. It`s about vampires and has beautiful character designs. Sometimes gets a bit tedious for people with the biting but I personally liked it loads. Not to mention the OST is really halloweeeny and fabulous. Again most people who`ve seen it liked it.

Another reverse harem I liked is Yona Of The Dawn or `Akatsuki No Yona`. This was actually one of the first animes I watched after getting back to anime and it served as a nice ease into it with plenty of fun. Character development in this one is pretty good aswell :smile:

Hmmm I`ve recommended you enough (I hope) to get you started if you like the genre of reverse harem. I`ll recommend you a few more that I liked but that aren`t reverse harem incase you don`t like the genre:

Death Parade. A pretty intense one I have to say. If you liked black butler you`ll probably like this one. Amazing art and amazing character development. It questions morality and "life". It`s set in a bar that serves as a limbo between death and heaven or reincarnation. This one got the waterworks going I cried at the end T.T

Noragami Aragoto. Okay this series is really good. It has a stray god. If that sounds interesting give it a go. You are 95% likely to loooove it. A stray God collecting money to build a shrine. It has some humour, some really great character development - especially in Yukine - watch it and you`ll understand :wink:

If I were to narrow it down for you, start off with the reverse harem ones unless you don`t like that genre, then follow that with Noragami, and The Devil`s a part timer .

Personally, I don`t like action that much (the actioniest one on this list is Bungou Stray Dogs XD) so I can`t recommend you anime from that genre. I wouldn`t recommend you start with animes like Naruto or One Piece just because they are sooooooo looooooong that sometimes the plot aim is lost and it feels a bit like eastenders (if you`re from the uk) IN MY OPINION.

That is just my opinion please don`t attack me One Piece fans I`m just saying I don`t think it will be a good starting out anime because of the level of commitment needed.

This is just my opinion I hope you check out some of the stuff I mentioned! And oh btw a good side effect of watching anime is that its likely you`re gonna learn japanese. I started watching it last year and I can understand words here and there and make sense of it a bit. Goodluck and keep us updated on which ones you liked!! =^.^=

Latest