The Student Room Group

My personal hygiene has decreased since I started college?

Hey guys,

Recently I've noticed that my personal hygiene has sharply decreased since I started college. Before college, I kept on top of my personal hygiene. My daily routine was consistent.

I would shower everyday, regardless and brush my teeth almost twice a day regardless.

However I've noticed I've become more lazy and that during weekdays, I might not shower for two days or in the holidays maybe even longer... disgusting yeah I know.Moreover, I haven't been brushing my teeth twice a day. Most days I will skip morning and brush it in the evening but not bother to floss or use mouthwash anymore simply because I can't be bothered.

I've also noticed that I've been sleeping LOTS lately especially in the Christmas holidays. I could sleep for 12 hours easy, maybe more so that was a pain to wake up and realise I wasted my morning in bed.

And my college work... I haven't been keeping on top of it like I did in the first month of college. I usually leave it till the evening before or the morning to rush it after doing nothing all evening. And I've done no revision whatsoever during Christmas and I have my mocks in February. And lets not forget my piano..... I haven't been practising my piano as much which has been noticed by my tutor who's told my parents who are pretty mad at me because it's costs them a fortune to pay for the tuition. I used to play the piano for hours but now it's just 20 minutes max. :frown:

At first I thought it was me being lazy so I tried to force myself but it just didn't work. I'd spend 30 minutes doing work then just lying in bed for 30 minutes. I don't know why but I really love lying in my bed now and just closing my eyes and letting my mind drift away... but it's not a good use of my time.

So that's when recently I thought that there's something wrong with me but I'm too scared too tell anyone including my parents.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys,

Recently I've noticed that my personal hygiene has sharply decreased since I started college. Before college, I kept on top of my personal hygiene. My daily routine was consistent.

I would shower everyday, regardless and brush my teeth almost twice a day regardless.

However I've noticed I've become more lazy and that during weekdays, I might not shower for two days or in the holidays maybe even longer... disgusting yeah I know.Moreover, I haven't been brushing my teeth twice a day. Most days I will skip morning and brush it in the evening but not bother to floss or use mouthwash anymore simply because I can't be bothered.

I've also noticed that I've been sleeping LOTS lately especially in the Christmas holidays. I could sleep for 12 hours easy, maybe more so that was a pain to wake up and realise I wasted my morning in bed.

And my college work... I haven't been keeping on top of it like I did in the first month of college. I usually leave it till the evening before or the morning to rush it after doing nothing all evening. And I've done no revision whatsoever during Christmas and I have my mocks in February. And lets not forget my piano..... I haven't been practising my piano as much which has been noticed by my tutor who's told my parents who are pretty mad at me because it's costs them a fortune to pay for the tuition. I used to play the piano for hours but now it's just 20 minutes max. :frown:

At first I thought it was me being lazy so I tried to force myself but it just didn't work. I'd spend 30 minutes doing work then just lying in bed for 30 minutes. I don't know why but I really love lying in my bed now and just closing my eyes and letting my mind drift away... but it's not a good use of my time.

So that's when recently I thought that there's something wrong with me but I'm too scared too tell anyone including my parents.

You can see a doctor and your parents wouldnt have to know if you're concerned about how much you are sleeping.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys,

Excessive sleeping and lack of motivation could be a sign of an underlying health problem (such as low thyroid function or anaemia). As Claire says - a trip to the doctor is confidential, and it's worth getting your general health checked out, at least to rule out any physical issues.

Emma

Quick Reply

Latest