The Student Room Group

Portfolio

I'm preparing a portfolio for Interactive Media Design and I'm seeking guidance for what to include?
Original post by DanJvickers
I'm preparing a portfolio for Interactive Media Design and I'm seeking guidance for what to include?

The universities you're applying to should have given you some indication about what your portfolio should include (rough number of pieces, how many pieces showing development stages, different media etc).

Generally admissions staff are looking to see your creative process - how you went from an idea (or a brief) to the finished product. For many creative courses a sketchbook or ideas book showing your drawing/sketching is also required.

If you're unsure then contact the university concerned for more advice - they'll often be able to send you something with some more detail about what they're looking for.

The most common mistake applicants make is to just bring along EVERYTHING they have ever done with no structure or thought about how someone would understand the work. 6-10 well presented and explained pieces of work is often better than 30 similar finished pieces with no development or through process shown.

Quick Reply

Latest