The Student Room Group

Help with the 'making up' process?

We've been together for 3 years, and had our first 'big' breakup where we didn't talk to each other for 2 months, and we had decided to cut our ties and tried to move on. It was all my fault, and though I tried moving on from him, I just couldn't deal with this powerful feeling of guilt in my mind, of all the horrible things that I had said and done. I had also become quite depressed, so I decided to try to get him back, to relieve myself of the guilt, and so I could be happy again.

We began talking a week ago, and it seemed like he missed me just as much as I had missed him. But the thing is, whenever I try to apologise and say how bad I felt about what I did, he just changes the subject, and doesn't talk about it. We seem to be slowly getting back to normal now though, with how we interact with each other, but I just feel kinda awkward now, as if I feel like he now thinks of me differently in a bad way because of what happened, and that things would never be the same again. I just don't know how to go back to the way things used to be between us. Anyone have advice?
Original post by Anonymous
We've been together for 3 years, and had our first 'big' breakup where we didn't talk to each other for 2 months, and we had decided to cut our ties and tried to move on. It was all my fault, and though I tried moving on from him, I just couldn't deal with this powerful feeling of guilt in my mind, of all the horrible things that I had said and done. I had also become quite depressed, so I decided to try to get him back, to relieve myself of the guilt, and so I could be happy again.

We began talking a week ago, and it seemed like he missed me just as much as I had missed him. But the thing is, whenever I try to apologise and say how bad I felt about what I did, he just changes the subject, and doesn't talk about it. We seem to be slowly getting back to normal now though, with how we interact with each other, but I just feel kinda awkward now, as if I feel like he now thinks of me differently in a bad way because of what happened, and that things would never be the same again. I just don't know how to go back to the way things used to be between us. Anyone have advice?

You both need to talk about this one way or another, guess maybe he is still hurt by it all which is why he keeps changing the subject.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending