The Student Room Group

Israeli Soldier Elor Azaria Guilty of Manslaughter of Disarmed Palestinian

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cato the Elder

Doesn't surprise me that a Muslim poster such as yourself would show solidarity with violent jihadists.

> Israeli shoots disarmed Palestinian in the head in cold blood
> Palestinians are violent jihadists
Original post by Palmyra
> Israeli shoots disarmed Palestinian in the head in cold blood
> Palestinians are violent jihadists

He was a violent jihadist who was deservedly shot.

If Israel treated all aspiring knife-attackers that way there'd be a lot less such incidents.
He shot a terrorist and sent him to be with his 72 virgins. Good man.

You see, Hamas wouldn't put one of their terrorists on trial and throw them in jail for "manslaughter", yet Israel, which suffers from the sin of excessive humanitarianism, does.

Israel really needs to be more ruthless.

Ah yes, that "rule of law" thing is a real pain in the ass.
i understand both sides but if you dont have law and order in a country and have killings like this it destroys the dignity of the country, so its not only the right thing morally to incarcerate him but for Israel as a nation
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Ah yes, that "rule of law" thing is a real pain in the ass.

Rule of law should not apply to enemy combatants/Islamic terrorists.

Thank God Trump is keeping Guantanamo Bay open.
Original post by admonit
A good terrorist is a dead terrorist.

so what you're saying is that the IDF soldier should be executed?
Reply 26
Israel is a liberal democracy which protects the freedoms of its citizens from filthy Islamic terrorists.

Doesn't surprise me that a Muslim poster such as yourself would show solidarity with violent jihadists.

Why are you getting so triggered? Im not even muslim you moron.

Israel is an illegal state which does not have any legitimacy at all. Theyve been condemned by the UN but thanks to them arselicking America theyve been able to get away with it for so long. Democracy? they applied to be a jewish state purely to persecute non jews and christians in like the apartheid. Theyre complete scum and a regressive backward thinking nation. They will be sanctioned.
(edited 7 years ago)

Thank God Trump is keeping Guantanamo Bay open.

Just admit that Western thinking is cancer and disavow conservatism.
Original post by InBasharWeTrust
so what you're saying is that the IDF soldier should be executed?

Oh look! Someone with a murderous terrorist in their avatar.

But it does, and rightly so.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
But it does, and rightly so.

Why does international law apply over Shariah? International law is so arbitrary, whereas Shariah is internally consistent in that it's claimed to have been derived from an absolute authority.
Reply 31
Oh look! Someone with a murderous terrorist in their avatar.

You seem to use the terrorist a lot dont you? It's the easy way to argue, but not intelligent at all.
If you train and indoctrinate a person to kill you can't blame him when he then kills. The soldier should not be the one blamed but rather the system that trained him (actually forced him to be a killer through compulsory national service).

The reality is that Israel exists and has a right to exist but so does Palestine and the only way both nations are going to co-exist peacefully is by disarming Hamas and Israel scalling back on it's militaristic approach to regional affairs.

However how about this for a solution? One single nation with a secular constitution and no state sponsored religion i.e. no Jewish state and no Muslim state. A single secular state were all people can practice the religion they want with no discrimination???
Original post by NeoconZionist
What about random acts of violence against soldiers?

Unjustified acts of violence and "random" acts are immoral.

Random acts of violence against random soldiers are wrong. In Israel it is mandatory for you to join the IDF and so the soldiers are deployed to places and simply are following duty.

However, one must ask whether a normal IDF soldier stationed in Tel Aviv is equivalent to one protecting illegal settlements in the West Bank? It really depends on the situation.
Original post by absoul
Why are you getting so triggered? Im not even muslim you moron.

Israel is an illegal state which does not have any legitimacy at all. Theyve been condemned by the UN but thanks to them arselicking America theyve been able to get away with it for so long. Democracy? they applied to be a jewish state purely to persecute non jews and christians in like the apartheid. Theyre complete scum and a regressive backward thinking nation. They will be sanctioned.

You sound like the person whose been triggered, not me, lol.

The United Nations is a talking shop for Jew-haters, anti-Western dictators, oppressive theocrats, fascist despots, far-left demagogues and mass murderers to hang out. Every year in New York these scumbags are allowed a platform from which to attack the liberal West and free countries like Israel. This organisation does not have any legitimacy whatsoever, so their condemnation of Israel matters not a jot to me, except insofar as it offers a window into the moral bankruptcy of an organisation that continues to be bankrolled by the United States. It doesn't surprise me that people like you, in your incandescent, Israel-hating rage, support them and show solidarity with them in their sordid and despicable agendas. Unfortunately people of your kind exist and will continue to exist.

Israel is not an "illegal" state lmao, whatever that is supposed to mean. It is internationally recognised as a legitimate state. Even the United Nations that you love so much has recognised it as a state, and has done so since 1948, even if it is now giving succour to its most determined enemies. In any case, even if it were not recognised by anyone as a state, it is recognised by people such as myself that love freedom and support it as a beacon of light and civilisation in a region full of darkness, oppression and misery. It is not an "apartheid" state, Arabs, Jews and Christians all live together in peace and with equal rights. Stop repeating nonsensical propaganda. Why don't you display outrage at countries that are actually apartheid states like Saudi Arabia or Iran?
Original post by onthemoon
If you train and indoctrinate a person to kill you can't blame him when he then kills. The soldier should not be the one blamed but rather the system that trained him (actually forced him to be a killer through compulsory national service).

The reality is that Israel exists and has a right to exist but so does Palestine and the only way both nations are going to co-exist peacefully is by disarming Hamas and Israel scalling back on it's militaristic approach to regional affairs.

However how about this for a solution? One single nation with a secular constitution and no state sponsored religion i.e. no Jewish state and no Muslim state. A single secular state were all people can practice the religion they want with no discrimination???

The idea of one state is beautiful, but it is impossible. The whole notion of Israel is that of a Jewish state. One state would eventually make a Jewish state collapse due to demographic changes
Original post by onthemoon

Palestine has no right to exist insofar as the vast majority of Palestinians support Islamism and terrorism. First the Palestinians must be re-educated to reject Islamism and terrorism and embrace Western, liberal values. Then perhaps they can have their own state.

Unfortunately I doubt that'll ever happen.
Original post by AfricanPrinceXI
Wow, my first instinct was 'wtf', how can they charge him for killing a terrorist??

I had never seen this video actually. I know the guy instigated an attack, but I find it chilling. Sent shivers down my spine. The guy was down, completely 0 threat and the Israeli solders had the situation under control.

That was an execution. He does not have the right to carry out an execution. I think he needed to be charged. Not because this guy was a Palestinian terrorist, but because he clearly sees himself as above the law.

I hope this sets an example.

Another thing I find disturbing, is the reaction of the soldiers. If I had witnessed this, I would have thought the solider lost the plot and restrained him? The way they reacted makes me wonder if this happens more commonly, but perhaps it was caught on tap for the first time?

Luckily someone had the foresight to film from the beginning. Otherwise all we would have seen was a dead body on the ground. I have to admit, had I not seen this footage, I would have came here defending the actions of the Israeli solider.

Support for Israel (which was never a massive base) is beginning to waiver, they need to tread carefully.
Thankfully Isreali courts had convicted him.

Some of these people are very close. Turning your friends in over a terrorist could end very badly for you, you might even be branded a traitor...
Palestine has no right to exist insofar as the vast majority of Palestinians support Islamism and terrorism. First the Palestinians must be re-educated to reject Islamism and terrorism and embrace Western, liberal values. Then perhaps they can have their own state.

Unfortunately I doubt that'll ever happen.

That's not a reason to oppose Palestine, if they were all Christian would you stop being a Zionist?
Original post by l'etranger
That's not a reason to oppose Palestine, if they were all Christian would you stop being a Zionist?

I don't understand where you're coming from.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending