The Student Room Group

Israeli Soldier Elor Azaria Guilty of Manslaughter of Disarmed Palestinian

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cato the Elder
You sound like the person whose been triggered, not me, lol.

The United Nations is a talking shop for Jew-haters, anti-Western dictators, oppressive theocrats, fascist despots, far-left demagogues and mass murderers to hang out. Every year in New York these scumbags are allowed a platform from which to attack the liberal West and free countries like Israel. This organisation does not have any legitimacy whatsoever, so their condemnation of Israel matters not a jot to me, except insofar as it offers a window into the moral bankruptcy of an organisation that continues to be bankrolled by the United States. It doesn't surprise me that people like you, in your incandescent, Israel-hating rage, support them and show solidarity with them in their sordid and despicable agendas. Unfortunately people of your kind exist and will continue to exist.

Israel is not an "illegal" state lmao, whatever that is supposed to mean. It is internationally recognised as a legitimate state. Even the United Nations that you love so much has recognised it as a state, and has done so since 1948, even if it is now giving succour to its most determined enemies. In any case, even if it were not recognised by anyone as a state, it is recognised by people such as myself that love freedom and support it as a beacon of light and civilisation in a region full of darkness, oppression and misery. It is not an "apartheid" state, Arabs, Jews and Christians all live together in peace and with equal rights. Stop repeating nonsensical propaganda. Why don't you display outrage at countries that are actually apartheid states like Saudi Arabia or Iran?

Lol
1. United Nations= Bunch of Jew haters
2. Uses the United Nations to give Israel legitimacy as a state

:s-smilie:
My verdict;
Shooting a disarmed soldier when he clearly has no authority to do so or reason to do is quite clearly a bad precedent and he should be tried for it.

BUT

There's a difference between killing a soldier and killing a disarmed civilian, I won't get into the rhetoric about terrorism as both sides accuse each other of it, but I will say that anyone who kills unarmed civilians deserves what they get, whichever said they are on.
I don't understand where you're coming from.

Palestine's support of Hamas, their Islam should not be your motivation for your support of Israel and anyone who thinks well of Jews because they are part of the West can go to hell.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Lol
1. United Nations= Bunch of Jew haters
2. Uses the United Nations to give Israel legitimacy as a state

:s-smilie:

The United Nations has changed over time, to be fair. But the only real reason why the UN recognised Israel as a state was because of U.S. support, which Truman actually considered rescinding. Had he not been persuaded at the last minute to change his mind, the UN would not have recognised Israel as a state.

Sadly, now, more than ever, the UN is dominated by a coalition of Jew-hating, biased countries which have a politically motivated agenda against Israel.
Original post by l'etranger
Why does international law apply over Shariah? International law is so arbitrary, whereas Shariah is internally consistent in that it's claimed to have been derived from an absolute authority.

AFAIK Islamic military jurisprudence (in particular the Hanafi school) holds that POWs must not be executed, and must be "treated well", albeit kept in slavery...

International law applies, or rather ought to apply, because it's a system of legislation derived from more-or-less universal moral axioms.
Palestine has no right to exist insofar as the vast majority of Palestinians support Islamism and terrorism. First the Palestinians must be re-educated to reject Islamism and terrorism and embrace Western, liberal values. Then perhaps they can have their own state.

Unfortunately I doubt that'll ever happen.

Israel exists therefore has a right to exist. Palestine exists therefore has a right to exist.

Israelis know too well when one group believes another doesn't have a right to exist what the result can be.

The simple answer is all states in the region should recognise Israel and that Israel recognise Palestine.

Many ultra-zionists committed unspeakable crimes again Muslims and Christians in and around Israel in the past and vice-versa from the Islamists.

Would be nice if we could ditch this religious hogwash anyway as all it does is seam too bring misery to people.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
AFAIK Islamic military jurisprudence (in particular the Hanafi school) holds that POWs must not be executed, and must be "treated well", albeit kept in slavery...

I know. I'm not Muslim, nor was I arguing that Hamas should execute captured soldiers however Islamic law makes more sense than Western secular law, because of its inherent internal consistency.

Original post by Dima-Blackburn
International law applies, or rather ought to apply, because it's a system of legislation derived from more-or-less universal moral axioms.

They're not axioms, they're cultural relics derived from the Christian (namely mainline Protestant) tradition.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by onthemoon
Israel exists therefore has a right to exist. Palestine exists therefore has a right to exist.

Israelis know too well when one group believes another doesn't have a right to exist what the result can be.

The simple answer is all states in the region should recognise Israel and that Israel recognise Palestine.

Many ultra-zionists committed unspeakable crimes again Muslims and Christians in and around Israel in the past and vice-versa from the Islamists.

Would be nice if we could ditch this religious hogwash anyway as all it does is seam too bring misery to people.

Nobody has a specific right to existence, neither Israel nor Palestine. It's just a struggle between competing interests with no objective right or wrong.
The United Nations has changed over time, to be fair. But the only real reason why the UN recognised Israel as a state was because of U.S. support, which Truman actually considered rescinding. Had he not been persuaded at the last minute to change his mind, the UN would not have recognised Israel as a state.

Sadly, now, more than ever, the UN is dominated by a coalition of Jew-hating, biased countries which have a politically motivated agenda against Israel.

Do you believe self-proclaimed liberal democracies should be subject to far heavier scrutiny than dictatorships and countries where they have unstable governments due to war etc? I.e. Do you feel there is a justified reason why Israel for example a "liberal democracy" and a "shining beacon" in the Middle East is criticized perhaps to a much greater extent than somewhere like Eritrea, which is under a military dictator?
Reply 50
You sound like the person whose been triggered, not me, lol.

The United Nations is a talking shop for Jew-haters, anti-Western dictators, oppressive theocrats, fascist despots, far-left demagogues and mass murderers to hang out. Every year in New York these scumbags are allowed a platform from which to attack the liberal West and free countries like Israel. This organisation does not have any legitimacy whatsoever, so their condemnation of Israel matters not a jot to me, except insofar as it offers a window into the moral bankruptcy of an organisation that continues to be bankrolled by the United States. It doesn't surprise me that people like you, in your incandescent, Israel-hating rage, support them and show solidarity with them in their sordid and despicable agendas. Unfortunately people of your kind exist and will continue to exist.

Israel is not an "illegal" state lmao, whatever that is supposed to mean. It is internationally recognised as a legitimate state. Even the United Nations that you love so much has recognised it as a state, and has done so since 1948, even if it is now giving succour to its most determined enemies. In any case, even if it were not recognised by anyone as a state, it is recognised by people such as myself that love freedom and support it as a beacon of light and civilisation in a region full of darkness, oppression and misery. It is not an "apartheid" state, Arabs, Jews and Christians all live together in peace and with equal rights. Stop repeating nonsensical propaganda. Why don't you display outrage at countries that are actually apartheid states like Saudi Arabia or Iran?

I dont hate Israel. I hate their illegal occupation and building of settlements which oppresses and undermines Palestinians basic human rights. Theyve turned to Hamas because Hamas has brainwashed them from a young age and they see no other alternative than their extreme methods. Israeli soldiers have been enforcing Israeli agenda on the west bank ILLEGALLY. You can spew out whatever crap you want, doesnt change the fact that Israel has committed illegal actions that violate international law. I dont understand why you're so sympathetic towards that, but then call palestinians jihadists and terrorists. It's double standards and you're not giving yourself any legitimacy.

Im saying it wants to be an apartheid state because it wants to be recognised as a jewish state. Of course I despise Saudi Arabia and Iran, I also hate how the West has bent over backwards for them. Britain is one of the biggest arms dealers in the world and we sell planes and stuff to Saudi, we've been cucked into supporting a country that thinks its ok to stone gays to death. We should be sanctioning all these countries with Islamic laws, but we're greedy.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Do you believe self-proclaimed liberal democracies should be subject to far heavier scrutiny than dictatorships and countries where they have unstable governments due to war etc? I.e. Do you feel there is a justified reason why Israel for example a "liberal democracy" and a "shining beacon" in the Middle East is criticized perhaps to a much greater extent than somewhere like Eritrea, which is under a military dictator?

Not really. It seems to me that Israel is criticised simply for defending itself.
Original post by l'etranger
Nobody has a specific right to existence, neither Israel nor Palestine. It's just a struggle between competing interests with no objective right or wrong.

Disagree. I something exists it has a right to exist.
BB...BBBUT Israel are the good guys and cant do anything wrong and certainly have not done any criminal activities
Original post by absoul
I dont hate Israel. I hate their illegal occupation and building of settlements which oppresses and undermines Palestinians basic human rights. Theyve turned to Hamas because Hamas has brainwashed them from a young age and they see no other alternative than their extreme methods. Israeli soldiers have been enforcing Israeli agenda on the west bank ILLEGALLY. You can spew out whatever crap you want, doesnt change the fact that Israel has committed illegal actions that violate international law. I dont understand why you're so sympathetic towards that, but then call palestinians jihadists and terrorists. It's double standards and you're not giving yourself any legitimacy.

Im saying it wants to be an apartheid state because it wants to be recognised as a jewish state. Of course I despise Saudi Arabia and Iran, I also hate how the West has bent over backwards for them. Britain is one of the biggest arms dealers in the world and we sell planes and stuff to Saudi, we've been cucked into supporting a country that thinks its ok to stone gays to death. We should be sanctioning all these countries with Islamic laws, but we're greedy.

Israel wouldn't have to occupy Palestinian land if it wasn't for the constant threat of terrorism. Israel has no choice but to expand because if it were to withdraw to the pre-1967 war borders it would not be able to properly defend itself.
Palestine has no right to exist insofar as the vast majority of Palestinians support Islamism and terrorism. First the Palestinians must be re-educated to reject Islamism and terrorism and embrace Western, liberal values. Then perhaps they can have their own state.

Unfortunately I doubt that'll ever happen.

Not saying I disagree with you but how legitimate of a claim does Israel have.
Original post by onthemoon
Disagree. I something exists it has a right to exist.

That's like saying if someone commits murder they had a right to do it because it happened. Do rapists have a right to sex? Do bank robbers have the right to be millionaires?
Reply 57
Israel wouldn't have to occupy Palestinian land if it wasn't for the constant threat of terrorism. Israel has no choice but to expand because if it were to withdraw to the pre-1967 war borders it would not be able to properly defend itself.

Yes but they dont have to go beyond it. The threat of Hamas only rose as they continued to expand their territory and continued to subject the Palestinians to oppression.

I accept the fact that they won the war, and it was a bloody terrific plan attacking first with such brutality. But you cant blame Palestinians and punish them for what the Jordanians did.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Not saying I disagree with you but how legitimate of a claim does Israel have.

The most legitimate claim it could possibly have. Israel fought and won its independence in 1948 against several hostile Arab armies who rejected the peace deal that would have seen two separate states, one Arab and one Jew, established. Israel fought again in 1967 and 1973 against fascistic Arab regimes hell-bent on its destruction. Time and time again the Arabs of Palestine have affirmed their determination to wipe Israel off the face of the earth.
Original post by AperfectBalance
BB...BBBUT Israel are the good guys and cant do anything wrong and certainly have not done any criminal activities

Might take a note of the fact the soldier was convicted by an Israeli court... The time to worry is when this shitstorm becomes legal and policy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending