The Student Room Group

Personal Statement - Is it possible to plaguarise myself??

Reapplying so am using a lot of the same personal statement as last year, assuming that bit is fine though. What I am more worried about is that the paragraph I edited now contains a bit from one of my A-level courseworks. Is that ok?!
Original post by sadface
Reapplying so am using a lot of the same personal statement as last year, assuming that bit is fine though. What I am more worried about is that the paragraph I edited now contains a bit from one of my A-level courseworks. Is that ok?!

Yes that should be ok
Using ur own ps is fine.
Copying and pasting a paragraph from ur c/w shouldn't be an issue. Just make sure that no one has had access to ur c/w and if they did, that it hasn't been uploaded onto the internet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Yes that should be ok

Thank you!
You will have to paraphrase/reword things, even if you 'plagerise' yourself, UCAS will flag that and it won't matter so if you're going to borrow from a previous personal statement you submitted, do reword things.
Reply 5
Original post by ifnothingwedo
You will have to paraphrase/reword things, even if you 'plagerise' yourself, UCAS will flag that and it won't matter so if you're going to borrow from a previous personal statement you submitted, do reword things.

No they don't. A re-applicant can re-use their PS word for word if they really want to. It's not a problem. UCAS won't reject a PS for plagiarism if the source was the same person.
Original post by jneill
No they don't. A re-applicant can re-use their PS word for word if they really want to. It's not a problem. UCAS won't reject a PS for plagiarism if the source was the same person.

Oh okay, (well as they should really it's fairly ridiculous to plagerise yourself...) my bad then, that's not what I got told and they were very firm about that
Reply 7
Original post by jneill

It's technically on different accounts (because wasn't sure how to start again on my one from last year) but except from my email address it does have all my same details.
Reply 8
Original post by sadface
It's technically on different accounts (because wasn't sure how to start again on my one from last year) but except from my email address it does have all my same details.

UCAS can still match it up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Out of experience (I reapplied this year):
You definitely can reuse parts of your personal statement (or even your entire personal statement)
They will match your old application with the new one soon after you sent off your application. Your ucas number will change to your old one and when you see that happen you can be sure that they recognised that you are the same person :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending