The Student Room Group

Large turnout for vigil of innocent muslim man murdered by police

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Better headline - "Trespassers unlawfully obstruct motorway protesting in support of a violent criminal"
Was he actually a Muslim? I haven't seen it reported anywhere, in fact he seemed very Westernised and his supposed religion doesn't seem relevant to events.

Unless of course you are trying to stir the pot because we know some on TSR soil themselves at the mention of Muslim.
Bear in mind, this lunatic was supposed to have a gun in his car. Who knows what he was up to, or who he would have used the gun on, if he hadn't been stopped?
Reply 4
Who says he is innocent. I doubt the Police are that trigger happy, it's not like America. The amount of paperwork and investigations that will be carried out now, I highly doubt the Police would be just shooting people based on hunches. They must have knowledge prior to it that he had a weapon or the possibility of one. At the end of the day if he had a gun, it's that shoot to surive factor comes into it. Also if he produced a weapon whilst sat in a car, and the Police shot him because they thought their life of their collegues life was in danger then the most accurate shot they can deliver is one to the chest or head, since they would be the largest targets to shoot that are visiable to the officiers since his legs were not visiable due to the car door. So all the people say why they couldn't shoot him in a less leathal area, because their wasn't that area visiable. A shot to the chest from a MP5 9mm or a G36c 5.56mm at that range is probably going to kill you straight.

Also no really knows what happened. I haven't seen a accurate report of the build up, the incident and the aftermarth. So people are just all speculating on it. Some might have prejudice aganist the victim or the police, or with what happened in America with the killings by police there (It's a different country) so they will have a biased opinion of it. Also over the festive period wasn't there a few firearms incidents in or around Bradford, I think I saw a news article about a Police car being fired on, I think there was another two incidents. So their seemed to be a gun going around the streets. Maybe the Police were reacting to intelligence on those incidents. Who knows at the moment. Just people are jumping to conclusions, and that is how things escalate.

I was just wondering would their be so much media attension and protests if it was a white caucasian male that got shot.
Original post by Mathemagicien
I'm not a maniac. And I don't sympathise with criminals; I sympathise with the oppressed.

Nietzschean slave morality confirmed.
Reading about him Nietzsche seems like a most vile character. I don't subscribe to his "theories" about "moralities".

Lol, you probably haven't even read any of his works.
Dozens of people have attended a vigil at the spot where a man was shot dead in cold blood by police.

He was shot when police stopped a car near junction 24 of the M62 on Monday evening.

Traffic on the motorway slowed as about 100 people, including the dead man's parents, gathered near the site to lay flowers and light candles.
Mohammed Yaqub, Yassar's father said he felt his son was "killed unlawfully".
He said: "He hasn't got a bad past, because he's never been convicted of anything.

"He's never had a charge of him at all. We had a car business, by the way, so all sorts of cars come and go."

"I want answers, full answers, nothing but the truth.

"How can you kill someone like this, at a time like this, without giving him a chance to get out or anything? We're not in America, we're not in third-world countries.

"We'd like to be left to mourn."

Balloons were released into the night sky and the gathering was "very peaceful and respectful" said BBC reporter Ian White, who was at the scene.

On Tuesday evening, protesters carrying banners reading "stop the killings" brought traffic to a halt in Leeds Road, Bradford.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-38509806

whilst i agree the dude shouldnt have been killed, he could have been arrested for a long period of time (20 years plus) as he had weapons and was a drug dealer
I found his Wikipedia article. He promoted the idea of eugenics - specifically, the creation of the "ubermensch" - and then his rants about "master" and "slave" moralities, where he claims kindness, humility and sympathy are bad moralities? lol

Great guy. Read more about him.
Innocent? I'm sure plenty of armed drug dealers who had previously been arrested for attempted murder are innocent.
Dozens of people have attended a vigil at the spot where a man was shot dead in cold blood by police.

He was shot when police stopped a car near junction 24 of the M62 on Monday evening.

Traffic on the motorway slowed as about 100 people, including the dead man's parents, gathered near the site to lay flowers and light candles.
Mohammed Yaqub, Yassar's father said he felt his son was "killed unlawfully".
He said: "He hasn't got a bad past, because he's never been convicted of anything.

"He's never had a charge of him at all. We had a car business, by the way, so all sorts of cars come and go."

"I want answers, full answers, nothing but the truth.

"How can you kill someone like this, at a time like this, without giving him a chance to get out or anything? We're not in America, we're not in third-world countries.

"We'd like to be left to mourn."

Balloons were released into the night sky and the gathering was "very peaceful and respectful" said BBC reporter Ian White, who was at the scene.

On Tuesday evening, protesters carrying banners reading "stop the killings" brought traffic to a halt in Leeds Road, Bradford.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-38509806

Where does it say he is innocent other than his parents saying it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not a maniac. And I don't sympathise with criminals; I sympathise with the oppressed.

Oppressed drug dealers carrying firearms

Posted from TSR Mobile
Judging by how much scrutiny the UK's armed police are under (there's literally an investigation even if they draw their firearm, nevermind actually fire it) then I'd say it's more likely the officers used their professional judgement to resolve a dangerous situation than some kind of police brutality case.

If the drug dealer turns out to be unarmed & therefore he was unlawfully killed then I have faith that UK law will ensure the officer(s) involved are punished accordingly (as has been done previously)
However if, as it currently sounds like, the drug dealer was armed & after being ambushed chose to engage the police then they were totally in their rights to shoot him in personal self defence as much as anything else.

In an ideal world the guy would have been arrested rather than killed but having one less drug dealing oxygen-thief on this planet regardless of ethnicity isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Pardon me while a cry about some worthless criminal
Wasn't he a known drug dealer/criminal? At least that's what I've read some places. I don't know the full story and do think it would have been better to arrest him. We're not barbarians like the US where people and the police kill people left, right and centre.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Cato the Elder
Bear in mind, this lunatic was supposed to have a gun in his car. Who knows what he was up to, or who he would have used the gun on, if he hadn't been stopped?

And would there have been such a vigil for any police officers?
I really, really despise guns and have a pretty much innate distrust of the police, but I'm not really losing much sleep over this.
The important thing is that our police have essentially murdered an innocent member of a minority

That is a serious and potentially libellous allegation for which you, I am sure, will have cast iron supporting evidence.

While I await your presentation of that evidence, let me remind you that:

The dead chap, contrary to his father's protestations of his saintliness, had been tried for attempted murder, was (according to the reports) a well-known drug gang leader, and was involved in smuggling drugs into prisons via drones. He clearly also had a gun in his car. Are those signs of him being as innocent as you would have us believe?

It seems more likely to me that his death is a blessing on the whole community.
As a muslim, I support the police for shooting him. More British police need to start growing a pair and getting filthy thugs and drug dealers like him permanently off the streets, whether they are black, Asian or white. It would send out a better message that drug dealing will not be tolerated instead of sticking them into a comfortable cell room with the latest PS4 games and phones.

He shouldn't really be labelled as Muslim, he might come from a Muslim background, but nothing he done was Islamic. There are pictures of him drinking and clubbing, and he was on dating apps despite having a wife and kid and I doubt he prayed his five times prayers and attended mosque regularly. Islam does not condone ruining people's lives by selling them crack. I'm not judging, but he didn't live by Muslim rules and beliefs so He shouldn't be called one
You're a moron OP - a vile apologist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending