The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

BCU Fashion Business and Promotion 2017

Hi, has anyone applied to this course? If so, what have you all included in your portfolio and has anyone received any offers yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I've applied for this course and I have received an offer. Conditional if I make BCU my insurance, and unconditional if I make BCU my first choice. I never submitted any portfolio I just completed my UCAS form and added my predicted grades and personal statement etc.

hope I've helped

Belle x
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Belle010
Hi, I've applied for this course and I have received an offer. Conditional if I make BCU my insurance, and unconditional if I make BCU my first choice. I never submitted any portfolio I just completed my UCAS form and added my predicted grades and personal statement etc.

hope I've helped

Belle x

Oh wow! Congrats!😊 Are you thinking of making it your firm choice? And what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 3
Original post by shandevi
Oh wow! Congrats!😊 Are you thinking of making it your firm choice? And what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

I think that it is going to become my firm choice. My other option is Nottingham Trent to study Fashion Management. I've been predicted 3 Bs, and I'm studying Textiles, Photography and Business! What are you studying?
Reply 4
I think that it is going to become my firm choice. My other option is Nottingham Trent to study Fashion Management. I've been predicted 3 Bs, and I'm studying Textiles, Photography and Business! What are you studying?

Ah okay, I've been predicted ABB and I'm studying business, history and sociology but I've also done photography at AS level so hope that counts for something lol
Reply 5
Ah okay, I've been predicted ABB and I'm studying business, history and sociology but I've also done photography at AS level so hope that counts for something lol

I'm sure you'll get in no problem. Good Luck with your application!
Reply 6
I'm sure you'll get in no problem. Good Luck with your application!

Thank you 😊
Hi Shandevi,

It's great to hear you're applying to BCU!

There's no need to worry about getting a portfolio done at the application stage, you'll only need to submit one if you're invited for an interview :smile:

If you take a look at the 'how to apply' section on the Fashion, Business and Promotion course page it'll give you some tips on what to include. There's also pointers on how to format your portfolio and some advice from one of the students on the course on our portfolio guidance page.

Good luck with your application!
Hi, has anyone applied to this course? If so, what have you all included in your portfolio and has anyone received any offers yet?

hope I've helped

Belle x

i applied yesterday and they've already given me an unconditional place
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi Shandevi,

There's no need to worry about getting a portfolio done at the application stage, you'll only need to submit one if you're invited for an interview :smile:

If you take a look at the 'how to apply' section on the Fashion, Business and Promotion course page it'll give you some tips on what to include. There's also pointers on how to format your portfolio and some advice from one of the students on the course on our portfolio guidance page.

my unconditional offer doesn't specify what i need to get in order to get a place on the course. i have 3 AS', Foundation Diploma in Art and currently studying year 1 for ba fashion communication and promotion which from this i'll be getting a certificate in higher education level 4. so does this mean i've secured a place?
Reply 10
Original post by cathzeta10
my unconditional offer doesn't specify what i need to get in order to get a place on the course. i have 3 AS', Foundation Diploma in Art and currently studying year 1 for ba fashion communication and promotion which from this i'll be getting a certificate in higher education level 4. so does this mean i've secured a place?

Unconditional offer means that you've been accepted no matter what grades you get if you accept them as your firm :smile: that's the offer I've been given too so most likely will firm it
Unconditional offer means that you've been accepted no matter what grades you get if you accept them as your firm :smile: that's the offer I've been given too so most likely will firm it

wow :biggrin: thats great. before i firm i wanna go to an applicant day to get a feel for the course, uni and birmmingham as a city. what made you choose bcu? :smile:
Reply 12
wow :biggrin: thats great. before i firm i wanna go to an applicant day to get a feel for the course, uni and birmmingham as a city. what made you choose bcu? :smile:

I've been to bcu quite a lot and went to an open day for this course and loved it. It's close to where I live as well so will most likely commute rather than stay there. Birmingham is nice, it's lively if you're into that sort of thing haha :smile:
Reply 13
I have applied and got an unconditional offer, which i've accepted! I live close, so i will commute everyday but i am still so so excited ☺️
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Megan954
I have applied and got an unconditional offer, which i've accepted! I live close, so i will commute everyday but i am still so so excited ☺️

Ah same! I accepted it as my firm as well, and I'll be commuting too 😊
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi Shandevi,

i have an unconditional offer to study at BCU for fashion business and and promotion. ive signed up for the applicant day on the 4th march do i need to bring in a portfolio?
i have an unconditional offer to study at BCU for fashion business and and promotion. ive signed up for the applicant day on the 4th march do i need to bring in a portfolio?

Hi cathzeta 10,

Congrats on your unconditional offer!

I've contacted the course director to ask if a portfolio is necessary and I'll get back to you as soon as possible! :smile:

Thanks,
Kiran
The BCU Team
Reply 17

Hey I went to an applicant day and they don't ask for a portfolio unless you have an interview later on I think 😊

Hi Cathzeta10,

You don't need to bring in a portfolio for the applicant day :smile:

It's more of a taster session day so you'll get a chance to take part in activities and see the kind of work students on the course produce. You'll also be shown around the facilities and get a chance to talk to tutors, lecturers and current students.

Hope you have a great time and feel free to drop me a line if you have any other questions! :smile:

Kiran,
The BCU Team
does anyone know anything about the new course fashion branding and communication? reading the course content it sounds alot like something i'd enjoy doing compared to the business and promotion course. did anyone apply for it?
i wonder if i can switch courses?

Quick Reply