The Student Room Group

What's with buttoning your top button without a tie?

There is a new craze - well new where I am at least - buttoning your top button without a tie. It is mostly just boys. It seems kinda weird to me, but everyone is doing it. They button all the way on polo shirts for sport - and button right up to the top button after school causally on dress shirts.

I've tried it and I look fine, it's a tad uncomfortable - but nothing I can't handle.

I find it so stupid - they unbutton their top buttons with a tie - then button it without one - but that's beside the point.

I want to know what the hell is with it - if you do it - if people around you do it - and if you think I should do it (I'm a tall, somewhat thin, yet well built, white, blonde boy - I'm 13)
Original post by no-one-at-all
There is a new craze - well new where I am at least - buttoning your top button without a tie. It is mostly just boys. It seems kinda weird to me, but everyone is doing it. They button all the way on polo shirts for sport - and button right up to the top button after school causally on dress shirts.

I've tried it and I look fine, it's a tad uncomfortable - but nothing I can't handle.

I find it so stupid - they unbutton their top buttons with a tie - then button it without one - but that's beside the point.

I want to know what the hell is with it - if you do it - if people around you do it - and if you think I should do it (I'm a tall, somewhat thin, yet well built, white, blonde boy - I'm 13)

It looks daft. There is only two acceptable ways to wear a dress shirt ... either without a tie and the collar button undone, or buttoned up all the way to the top with a tie on!
Doesnt make a difference I wear casual shirts sometimes and I close all buttons
Original post by no-one-at-all

Sounds nice

I can imagine it

Quick Reply

Latest