The Student Room Group

BTEC National Level 3 Lower Grades

I'm studying Computing & IT Level 3, how likely are Portsmouth to accept me if I'm ONE grade lower than entry requirements?

A lecturer just remarked an assignment and still didn't deem it worthy of a distinction, so I'm in a bit of a panic.

Thanks.
Reply 1
Has anyone done unit 5 organisational systems security level unit for IT?
Reply 2
Original post by Ro01ro
Has anyone done unit 5 organisational systems security level unit for IT?

Thanks for the irrelevant post.
If all your other work is Distinction then one merit wont effect you
Reply 4
Original post by John10101
If all your other work is Distinction then one merit wont effect you

It's not, but I wasn't required to get all distinctions.

Say if I need DM and get MM and only fall short a few UCAS points?
I think you wont get accepted into the uni unfortunately, but you can try ring them up and see or go through clearing.
Reply 6
Original post by John10101
I think you wont get accepted into the uni unfortunately, but you can try ring them up and see or go through clearing.

I don't think you're knowledgable enough to give an opinion, in all honesty.

I would be a grade lower than the entry, what happened to universities putting inflated entry grades??
Original post by VaniIIa
I'm studying Computing & IT Level 3, how likely are Portsmouth to accept me if I'm ONE grade lower than entry requirements?

A lecturer just remarked an assignment and still didn't deem it worthy of a distinction, so I'm in a bit of a panic.

Thanks.

No one knows until results day, not even Portsmouth. If they are full with people who met their offers you will be rejected; if they have vacancies they might forgive you a small shortfall in your grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Like ageshallnot said, you won't find out out until results day. They'll probably have vacancies(I think most unis end up with at least a few vacancies for Comp Sci), so you're quite likely to still get accepted, but there's a chance they might not, in which case you'll be rejected.

Best bet is to choose a good insurance, so that if you do end up being rejected, you'll still have a fallback that you're happy with.

Also, work hard from now on to get Distinctions in all your other units so that you can try to bring your overall grade back up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending