The Student Room Group

What country will the UK resemble more after Brexit?

Iraq, Syria or Somalia?

Scroll to see replies

The UK
Original post by niteninja1
The UK

This

Posted from TSR Mobile
The UK

Agreed. And intergenerational inequality, especially for the millennial generation is going to be even worse.
Original post by ByEeek
Agreed. And intergenerational inequality, especially for the millennial generation is going to be even worse.

I agree and as a libertarian we need to slash business tax to a max of 5% to create more jobs
I agree and as a libertarian we need to slash business tax to a max of 5% to create more jobs

no
Original post by intelligent con
Iraq, Syria or Somalia?

A hermit kingdom like a capitalist xenophobic version North Korea .
Original post by Ambitious1999
A hermit kingdom like a capitalist xenophobic version North Korea .

remember: this logic was why your guys lost 2016.
unless you're joking? seems kind of like a parody of liberalism now?
(edited 7 years ago)

It won't create more jobs though. It will simply make us into a tax haven. The UK currently thrives because it can import the skills and talent it needs to be strong and grow. Given that immigration is such a hot topic at the moment, it is likely to be harder for businesses to invest in the high tech fields that require talent to folorish. The UK simply does not have enough home grown talent to be strong in the world.

Just look at the CES tech show in the US right now. Was it a quarter or a third of the 4000 stands coming from China? Even France has a strong showing. The UK? Hardly any at all.

It won't create more jobs though. It will simply make us into a tax haven. The UK currently thrives because it can import the skills and talent it needs to be strong and grow. Given that immigration is such a hot topic at the moment, it is likely to be harder for businesses to invest in the high tech fields that require talent to folorish. The UK simply does not have enough home grown talent to be strong in the world.

Just look at the CES tech show in the US right now. Was it a quarter or a third of the 4000 stands coming from China? Even France has a strong showing. The UK? Hardly any at all.

The future isn't in manufacturing widgets like we did in the 60's as some Brexiters seem to be suggesting. The future is high tech, high value.
If taxes are lower companies will move here it simple logic
Original post by intelligent con
Iraq, Syria or Somalia?

We are a much nearer fit to Australia, USA, New Zeland, Norway , Finland and Iceland socially but i agree with the poster who said the UK
Original post by outwiththemods
We are a much nearer fit to Australia, USA, New Zeland, Norway , Finland and Iceland socially but i agree with the poster who said the UK

Thankyou
If taxes are lower companies will move here it simple logic

Lowering corporation tax typically only creates head office jobs in London rather than benefiting the masses because no significant production is brought back.

Abolishing business rates (a cost to doing business in the UK rather than a tax on profits) would be far more effective at spurring the creation of new business and spreading the benefits of lower taxation leading to job creation nationally.
Reply 15

The business tax has little effect on job creations. Lowering other taxes and fees is more productive in this regards.
It'll become a utopian society.
I think you know the answer.
If Corbyn gets his way and we come out of the EU, out of NATO and disarm Trident we will end up resembling Switzerland.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
If Corbyn gets his way and we come out of the EU, out of NATO and disarm Trident we will end up resembling Switzerland.

I wouldn't mind ending up like Switzerland to be honest and I'm far from a corbynista

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending