The Student Room Group

Large turnout for vigil of innocent muslim man murdered by police

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tempest II
Judging by how much scrutiny the UK's armed police are under (there's literally an investigation even if they draw their firearm, nevermind actually fire it) then I'd say it's more likely the officers used their professional judgement to resolve a dangerous situation than some kind of police brutality case.

If the drug dealer turns out to be unarmed & therefore he was unlawfully killed then I have faith that UK law will ensure the officer(s) involved are punished accordingly (as has been done previously)

The officers involved did nothing wrong, why should they be treated as criminals for protecting the public and getting rid of this filthy rat. If anything, the officers should receive a medal and be praised
Original post by Ribbit1234
I'm not judging

Yes you are, not all drug dealers are bad people you know.
Reply 22
Clearly a case of racist, islamophobic, white supremacist police officers, conspiring to ambush and murder this random, innocent Muslim, who dindu nuffin and was a good boy going to volunteer at the local homeless shelter, and then planted a gun on him and claimed he was a drug dealer to frame him.
this gentleman was on his way to give treats to the children at the orphanage when he was cut down by the oppressors.
Original post by liberty cap

They ruin lives by selling people drugs, they're taking advantage of them and making money off them. How is does that make them good people?
Original post by Ribbit1234
They ruin lives by selling people drugs, they're taking advantage of them and making money off them. How is does that make them good people?

Well for a start not all drug use ruins lives, some even improves lives, most dealers don't take advantage of people, they provide a product at a price people are willing to pay. Some drug dealers of course do take advantage of people though, they prey on the weak and mentally ill, letting them rack up debts then forcing them to pay them back by becoming drug dealers.
Well for a start not all drug use ruins lives, some even improves lives, most dealers don't take advantage of people, they provide a product at a price people are willing to pay. Some drug dealers of course do take advantage of people though, they prey on the weak and mentally ill, letting them rack up debts then forcing them to pay them back by becoming drug dealers.

Hmm. Any UK drug dealer with a gun or knife is pretty obviously a bad person.
Original post by Good bloke
Hmm. Any UK drug dealer with a gun or knife is pretty obviously a bad person.

Probably, don't think that's restricted to drug dealers though. Not overly interested in this case was just picking up on Ribbit1234s hypocrisy.
Not overly interested in this case

Well, therein lies your mistake. This is a thread about that case, not about the saintliness of amateur drug dealers that sell cheap cannabis to pensioners who are in pain. The chap who was killed in this incident was a hard case dealer and money launderer with weapons, a history of using them and a father who is prepared to swear black is white.

they are just helping underprivileged communities to enjoy life. i am astonished that none of them were rewarded in the recent New Year's Honours list.

smh
I think the OP is a wind up.

It goes without saying, anyway, that no-one sensible is going to lose any sleep about the killing of a low life, scum drug dealer. You enter
that kind of life for the fast cars an the women and the kicks, that is the risk you take. If it hadn't been the police it would have been a rival gang.

The TV coverage, especially the BBC nightly bulletin was predictably laughable. Like a similar case, that of Mark Duggan, we are never told that he is a drug dealing gang member, or even an "alleged" criminal, but instead he is described as a "father" and some kind of boy scout saint.

We are told "the community" is in shock. But there is no mention that he was from a Pakistani Muslim background. None at all. To point out that much of the West Yorkshire drugs trade is controlled by gangs of that ethnicity and culture is not comme il faut.
Original post by Good bloke
Well, therein lies your mistake.

Wasn't a mistake chap, why so uptight?
Original post by the bear
they are just helping underprivileged communities to enjoy life. i am astonished that none of them were rewarded in the recent New Year's Honours list.

smh

Indeed, outrageous that only the drug dealers to the rich and famous get rewarded.

Congratulations.

You win the prize from the most asinine post of 2017!

Well done.

But don't stop there, tells us how pimps are misunderstood, people traffickers get a bad press, and rapists love their parents...
Original post by astutehirstute
Congratulations.

You win the prize from the most asinine post of 2017!

Well done.

But don't stop there, tells us how pimps are misunderstood, people traffickers get a bad press, and rapists love their parents...

Christ whats with all the right wingers getting upset with me pointing out the no doubt religiously inspired hypocrisy spouted by a Muslim poster?
Original post by Mathemagicien
Dozens of people have attended a vigil at the spot where a man was shot dead in cold blood by police.

He was shot when police stopped a car near junction 24 of the M62 on Monday evening.

Traffic on the motorway slowed as about 100 people, including the dead man's parents, gathered near the site to lay flowers and light candles.
Mohammed Yaqub, Yassar's father said he felt his son was "killed unlawfully".
He said: "He hasn't got a bad past, because he's never been convicted of anything.

"He's never had a charge of him at all. We had a car business, by the way, so all sorts of cars come and go."

"I want answers, full answers, nothing but the truth.

"How can you kill someone like this, at a time like this, without giving him a chance to get out or anything? We're not in America, we're not in third-world countries.

"We'd like to be left to mourn."

Balloons were released into the night sky and the gathering was "very peaceful and respectful" said BBC reporter Ian White, who was at the scene.

On Tuesday evening, protesters carrying banners reading "stop the killings" brought traffic to a halt in Leeds Road, Bradford.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-38509806

Why hold a vigil for a disgusting drug dealer and general criminal ? Its ridiculous Drug dealers are the lowest of the low and get no sympathy from me :angry:

The police wouldn't have shot an "innocent man" i heard he threatened the police with a firearm doesn't sound so innocent to me :/

WHAT ARE YOU ACTUALLY INSANE

drug dealers are the lowest of the low mann
Original post by Mathemagicien
I'm not a maniac. And I don't sympathise with criminals; I sympathise with the oppressed.

Yep, this guy doesn't look like a criminal at all, I'm sure he's just oppressed:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/04/family-man-shot-dead-police-join-mp-appeal-calm-protests/
And police recovered a non-police issue firearm at the scene.
Original post by Cato the Elder
"Innocent"

LMFAO, the guy was a literal drug dealer and hardened criminal. I'm glad he's dead and I wish there was a hell for him to go to. All the people holding vigils for this idiot deserve to be turned out of civilised society. All the people that feel sorry for him are psychopaths and do not deserve to be regarded as sensible individuals.

Only a far-left maniac like yourself, who automatically sympathises with criminals, especially if they are of a Muslim background, would post something like this.

Muslims would be a far more powerful group if they introduced more stringent quality control measures.
Original post by im.a.witch
WHAT ARE YOU ACTUALLY INSANE

drug dealers are the lowest of the low mann

The ones I know are on the whole pretty nice. :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending