The Student Room Group

Offers?

Hey there Dudes, Was just wondering if anyone had received any offers from anywhere? I have one for Liverpool but that's my last choice so hoping they're just early replying and that I've not been rejected from the others :P
Original post by Tashie2
Hey there Dudes, Was just wondering if anyone had received any offers from anywhere? I have one for Liverpool but that's my last choice so hoping they're just early replying and that I've not been rejected from the others :P

CONGRATS! I've heard nothing at the minute, I've only had interviews for Nottingham and Glasgow (both within the past three weeks) and I have another interview in January.
Got an Offer from Liverpool though really holding out for RVC so fingers crossed
Surrey started handing out offers back in November. Nottingham started last week, and both Liverpool and RVC have handed out some today. There should be more appearing in due course, I think! :smile:
I just received offers from Liverpool and RVC today I'm honestly so delighted, I really wasn't expecting to hear from them so soon!
Posted from TSR Mobile
CONGRATULATIONS!! 🎊 I regret not applying to rvc tbh...
Thank you ☺️ yeah I didn't really know much about RVC when I applied, but they were really friendly at interview and made you feel at ease!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer from the RVC too yesterday! I really wasn't expecting to hear until next month but this has been the best early Christmas present ever! The people at interview were so nice and friendly, they really made you feel welcome.
I've been rejected from Surrey because I didn't see the questionnaire in time (absolutely gutted since they were my first choice) and I haven't heard from Bristol yet.
Surrey: AAB
Liverpool: AAA
At this moment in time Surrey's my first choice but I still have an interview left to go and a decision from Notts, absolutely chuffed to bits as I was only expecting one interview at a maximum!!! Best early christmas present ever
I received an offer from RVC last week which I was so excited about! It's not my first choice though :/ Congratulations everyone!
I'm selling some brand new/barely used vet equipment/clothes as I had to leave the Nottingham vet course after a few weeks :frown: if anyone is interested PM me-I will be selling cheap as the compulsory equipment is expensive!! X
Does anyone know if RVC will send out the rest of their offers together or spread out? And if spread out when are they likely to begin/finish?
Original post by piplikesbacon
Surrey: AAB
Liverpool: AAA
At this moment in time Surrey's my first choice but I still have an interview left to go and a decision from Notts, absolutely chuffed to bits as I was only expecting one interview at a maximum!!! Best early christmas present ever

Contagats on the offers, I will be going to Surrey in September, hopefully see you there :smile:
Original post by Cowie315
Contagats on the offers, I will be going to Surrey in September, hopefully see you there :smile:

Thanks and congratulations to you too! Surrey is my insurance at this moment in time but I'm still going to interview at Edinburgh and need to hear my fate from Nottingham following interview! I'm going to the applicant day though, so maybe I'll see you there :smile:
Original post by piplikesbacon
Thanks and congratulations to you too! Surrey is my insurance at this moment in time but I'm still going to interview at Edinburgh and need to hear my fate from Nottingham following interview! I'm going to the applicant day though, so maybe I'll see you there :smile:

I haven't had an invite to the applicant day, I think because hey are already my firm etc. Would be nice to see potential class mates though!
Original post by TheVirtualPhoton
Does anyone know if RVC will send out the rest of their offers together or spread out? And if spread out when are they likely to begin/finish?

Historically it's been spread out in batches. When I applied (2015 cycle) there were about three lots but even after then more people were accepted.

The Facebook group for 2017 offer holders only has around 30 people and while not everyone has Facebook/is aware of the group I think it's fairly safe to say that there are more offers to be given out :smile:

Honestly, no news is good news. When I applied I had a grand total of 0 offers before the end of February and ended up with four :wink: Some vet schools like to take their sweet time.

Good luck for hearing back :smile:
If you dont mind me asking where did you apply for and where are you currently studying?
Original post by Banana fana
If you dont mind me asking where did you apply for and where are you currently studying?

Studying at RVC, applied there and Edinburgh, Bristol and Liverpool.
Original post by Cowie315
I haven't had an invite to the applicant day, I think because hey are already my firm etc. Would be nice to see potential class mates though!

everyone who has an offer is invited at a later date :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending