The Student Room Group

Muslims who have boyfriends/girlfriends

This is NOT intended to be a Muslim bashing thread but I am genuinely curious about a few things regarding Muslims who are in relationships before marriage, whether that be with other Muslims or with a non Muslim.

How far would you go physically with your bf/gf? Would you have sex before marriage?
If you don't do anything physical with them what makes them different from being just a friend? How often do you meet up with them? What do you do on your dates?

Scroll to see replies

Lol loads of Muslim girls have bfs at my uni. Either their parents are super liberal or they just do oral as "that Dosent count as sex" lol.
Reply 2
Bump
I've had sex with my boyfriend and I am Muslim.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I've had sex with my boyfriend and I am Muslim.

How long were you with him before you had sex and are you afraid that your parents or future husband will find out?
Original post by neal95
Lol loads of Muslim girls have bfs at my uni. Either their parents are super liberal or they just do oral as "that Dosent count as sex" lol.

What uni is this lmao
muslim girls that date white guys have sex with them, same goes for muslim guys with white girls.
How long were you with him before you had sex and are you afraid that your parents or future husband will find out?

We dated for a while then had sex and we've been together for a couple of months now. I'm not afraid that my parents will find out because they wont, and I'll gladly tell my husband my sexual history if he asks.
Reply 8
What uni is this lmao

I have a good feeling it's QMUL
My girlfriend is muslim, we've had sex, see each other every day, go on dates once every week or two, on our dates we go for a meal, to the cinema, walks.

A normal girlfriend..
Reply 10
I know some who have had sex...

Having said that, this thread is going to be fun :rofl:
Original post by AndrewSCO
My girlfriend is muslim, we've had sex, see each other every day, go on dates once every week or two, on our dates we go for a meal, to the cinema, walks.

A normal girlfriend..

are you a Muslim as well or not? If not what do you see happening between you two in the future
are you a Muslim as well or not? If not what do you see happening between you two in the future

Nope, I'm not. And I don't know, that might not matter for other reasons anyway but that's another story.
This is wholly dependant on each individual.
Some won't do anything physically. Others are willing to do some things but not go all the way. Others are fine to go all the way. Maybe some get caught up in the heat of the moment :dontknow:
You do realise that loads of Muslim girls have had sex before marriage probably more than not.
Muslim guy here, I had a girlfriend (atheist) at one point..
How far would you go physically with your bf/gf?

Cuddling and holding her hand or my arm around her waist

Would you have sex before marriage? No.

If you don't do anything physical with them what makes them different from being just a friend?

We both liked each other romantically and I don't think you need to be physical to have a romantic relationship with someone (well not immediately anyways)

How often do you meet up with them? Not often, as we live in the same region but opposite sides and I only really went on 3 dates with her before we decided it wasn't really meant to be. And that was really why we broke up because I couldn't see enough of her and I didn't think she was putting her all into the relationship

What do you do on your dates?

For our first date we went to a coffee shop and I bought her a drink and we sat for a good few hours talking about our feelings for each other and all that romantic jazz.. it sounds stupid now that I say it but I was crazy for her at one point. We went for a walk as well and just went around town. It was fun.
Our second date was at a cinema and we watched a movie, cuddled and all that jazz and I asked her to be my girlfriend (not seeing the immediate one-month end of our relationship)

And we've been talking for a whole year since our relationship... but I haven't asked her out again because the same problems exist and she's an upper class girl, I'm a lower class guy and we don't have much in common.. I felt like I was basically driving the relationship...anyhow, she's moving away so if we couldn't manage a few miles, I doubt we'd manage a couple hundred.
With regards to being Muslim and in a relationship, I was conscious of my religion and so I had plenty of opportunity to kiss her but I didn't. I did keep the relationship hidden from my immediate family, but that's more due to culture rather than religion.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them :smile:
Muslim guy here, I had a girlfriend (atheist) at one point..
How far would you go physically with your bf/gf?

Cuddling and holding her hand or my arm around her waist

Would you have sex before marriage? No.

If you don't do anything physical with them what makes them different from being just a friend?

We both liked each other romantically and I don't think you need to be physical to have a romantic relationship with someone (well not immediately anyways)

How often do you meet up with them? Not often, as we live in the same region but opposite sides and I only really went on 3 dates with her before we decided it wasn't really meant to be. And that was really why we broke up because I couldn't see enough of her and I didn't think she was putting her all into the relationship

What do you do on your dates?

For our first date we went to a coffee shop and I bought her a drink and we sat for a good few hours talking about our feelings for each other and all that romantic jazz.. it sounds stupid now that I say it but I was crazy for her at one point. We went for a walk as well and just went around town. It was fun.
Our second date was at a cinema and we watched a movie, cuddled and all that jazz and I asked her to be my girlfriend (not seeing the immediate one-month end of our relationship)

And we've been talking for a whole year since our relationship... but I haven't asked her out again because the same problems exist and she's an upper class girl, I'm a lower class guy and we don't have much in common.. I felt like I was basically driving the relationship...anyhow, she's moving away so if we couldn't manage a few miles, I doubt we'd manage a couple hundred.
With regards to being Muslim and in a relationship, I was conscious of my religion and so I had plenty of opportunity to kiss her but I didn't. I did keep the relationship hidden from my immediate family, but that's more due to culture rather than religion.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them :smile:

Very informative answer thank you very much! Have any of your Muslim friends been in relationships as well and if so how's it been for them?
Very informative answer thank you very much! Have any of your Muslim friends been in relationships as well and if so how's it been for them?

Yes, I think its different for different Muslims. A lot of my friends are currently in relationships.

One of my friends snogs girls and even gropes them and goes even further. And he's also considered a fairly religious guy around my college and wears traditional muslim clothing etc.
But I don't judge him for that...I'm not in a position to judge him.
The point is, people have different thresholds and I don't think that has anything to do with how good a Muslim you are, its more about the kind of personality that you have.

For most Muslims people that I know who've been in relationships, if its a Muslim dating a Muslim, they're less likely to do things against their religion (i.e. getting more physical) than if it was a Muslim dating a non-muslim though this isn't always the case.

The general theme is that the relationship is kept hidden from parents and most communication is over text and dates are done as secretly as possible.
That's actually quite sad because Muslim teenagers will feel more secure about talking to their parents when they're not afraid of the religious scrutiny and the repercussions that come with it. If the relationship is discovered, it ends. If the guy/girl decides its violating their religion, it ends... that's usually how it works.
This is NOT intended to be a Muslim bashing thread but I am genuinely curious about a few things regarding Muslims who are in relationships before marriage, whether that be with other Muslims or with a non Muslim.

How far would you go physically with your bf/gf? Would you have sex before marriage?
If you don't do anything physical with them what makes them different from being just a friend? How often do you meet up with them? What do you do on your dates?

I'm an ex-Muslim and I've never been in a pre-marital relationship, nor do I ever intend to. I am currently engaged to a woman I met in my undergraduate and she doesn't know that I'm an ex-Muslim.

In terms of physically, I have had sex with a few girls on one night stands.
The problem is that the community is so judgmental which is one of the reasons why I left Islam, and was probably the best decision I've made in my life.
I'm an ex-Muslim and I've never been in a pre-marital relationship, nor do I ever intend to. I am currently engaged to a woman I men in my undergraduate and she doesn't know that I'm an ex-Muslim.

In terms of physically, I have had sex with a few girls on one night stands.
The problem is that the community is so judgemental which is one of the reasons why I left Islam, and was probably the best decision I've made in my life.

Is your name Arab/traditional Muslim?

Latest

Trending

Trending