The Student Room Group

Need help :( Not sure what to do with life, uni, etc.

This is my first post so please bare with me, also, hello TSR friends!

With 10 days left till the UCAS application deadline, I have been stressing out more and more about what I should do, whether to go to Uni, not go, take a gap year or what. I am currently studying English Literature and Art & Design at A Level as well as doing an OCR Level 3 ICT course (something like that)

For just over a year, I have been considering studying Sport Journalism at University, but leading up to the UCAS deadline I've been doing more research into it and I'm not sure if it's what I want do. Not because I don't enjoy it anymore, but because I've realised that financially it is not worth and a majority of journalism-based jobs don't require the degree, but actually care more about the experience, I do not want to study a subject that is potentially a waste of time (apart from the NCTJ course).

After this, I have branched out and looked at other courses that interest me such as: Creative Writing, English Literature, etc. But they all look way too difficult, and I don't think I could handle studying a very difficult subject combined with likely being the worst in my respective class if I took any subject.

Finally, I have also considering taking a gap year to clear my mind out and take a break from education but I don't have any plan on what I could do. I'm struggling to get a part-time job at the moment, if I do take a gap year I'll need a full-time job, which will be even harder to get.

Does anyone know what I can do?? I apologise for how long this is..
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by ABrooks99
I have also considering taking a gap year to clear my mind out and take a break from education but I don't have any plan on what I could do. I'm struggling to get a part-time job at the moment, if I do take a gap year I'll need a full-time job, which will be even harder to get.

Hey & Welcome to TSR..

If I were you, I would take a gap year, research more into university and what course will be beneficial for you in the future and can make the most out of it.
Reply 3
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending