The Student Room Group

How important is moisturizer? (Face)

For 1.5months roughly. I have been using cleanser daily mostly 2times a weak. And have exfoliated once a week ish. At first I used to argon oil on my face over night (it doesnt block pores) it seemed fine I have stopped recently :tongue:. Forthe past 2 months I have been drinking around 3litres water a day, increase the amount of fruit and veg. Less chocolates,fizzy drinks

Yet my skin is still the same,my face has blackheads, and marks which i think are misl acne. Do i need to moisturize more? I find using cream moisturizers just make things worse.

Basically how tf can I clear my skin. I also exercise daily
Original post by SuperHuman98
For 1.5months roughly. I have been using cleanser daily mostly 2times a weak. And have exfoliated once a week ish. At first I used to argon oil on my face over night (it doesnt block pores) it seemed fine I have stopped recently :tongue:. Forthe past 2 months I have been drinking around 3litres water a day, increase the amount of fruit and veg. Less chocolates,fizzy drinks

Yet my skin is still the same,my face has blackheads, and marks which i think are misl acne. Do i need to moisturize more? I find using cream moisturizers just make things worse.

Do you wash your face before bed?
Moisturisers may help too
Reply 3

I got blackheads on my nose and tried those creams that says they get rid of it but dont. Sometimes i get a deep cleansing facial and they remove the blackheads for you and helps clear the skin.
Also i hear something in your diet is the reason for blackheads.
Reply 4
Moisturizer is the most important face cream, along with sunscreen. You have to moisturize your face every day and apply sunscreen. SPF 30 is recommended.

An SPF 15 sunscreen blocks 93 percent of UVB radiation, while an SPF 30 sunscreen blocks nearly 97 percent. Your acne scars won't disappear if you don't protect your skin from the sun.

Take some vitamins as vitamins are essential to your health and body functions, vitamin deficiencies can cause adverse effects on the skin. Since vitamins C and E play such important roles in protecting your skin from the sun, deficiencies in either vitamin can increase the risk of skin damage

Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants is good for your whole body, including your skin.

Also, for your blackheads buy a treatment which has BHA to refine your pores. Paula's choice has a good one.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/aha-and-bha-exfoliants/_/Resist-Daily-Pore-Refining-Treatment-Two-Percent-BHA/

Don't bother with nose strips, they don't make much of a difference and only solve the problem temporary, you have to solve it from the inside.

Use coconut oil and honey if you want to prepare yourself a mask at home.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
very important !
I've heard stuff like not cleaning your bed sheets/pillow cases or having low quality ones can cause bad skin. Give that a try as you've seemed to try everything else. Also stuff like diary can contribute to bad skin, depends on your tolerances.
Original post by cherryred90s
Do you wash your face before bed?
Moisturisers may help too

Yes I use cleanser when washing before i sleep. I used to lece argon oil on my face overnight as a moisturizer

Original post by EC
Moisturizer is the most important face cream, along with sunscreen. You have to moisturize your face every day and apply sunscreen. SPF 30 is recommended.

An SPF 15 sunscreen blocks 93 percent of UVB radiation, while an SPF 30 sunscreen blocks nearly 97 percent. Your acne scars won't disappear if you don't protect your skin from the sun.

Take some vitamins as vitamins are essential to your health and body functions, vitamin deficiencies can cause adverse effects on the skin. Since vitamins C and E play such important roles in protecting your skin from the sun, deficiencies in either vitamin can increase the risk of skin damage

Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants is good for your whole body, including your skin.

Also, for your blackheads buy a treatment which has BHA to refine your pores. Paula's choice has a good one.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/skin-care-categories/aha-and-bha-exfoliants/_/Resist-Daily-Pore-Refining-Treatment-Two-Percent-BHA/

Don't bother with nose strips, they don't make much of a difference and only solve the problem temporary, you have to solve it from the inside.

Use coconut oil and honey if you want to prepare yourself a mask at home.

I think moisturizer isnt good because of my skin type
Reply 8
Yes I use cleanser when washing before i sleep. I used to lece argon oil on my face overnight as a moisturizer

I think moisturizer isnt good because of my skin type

Moisturizer is a necessity if you have oily skin because if you let it become dry, it'll only produce more sebum.

Just try and use a moisturizer that's not so greasy. A gel one is more than okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending