The Student Room Group

college

yh need some help choices
What do you enjoy? What are you good at? Are you academically strong? Prefer exams or coursework? What do you want to study at University? Any jobs in mind?
You're not giving us much information to help you with.
Original post by rosie.mn
What do you enjoy? What are you good at? Are you academically strong? Prefer exams or coursework? What do you want to study at University? Any jobs in mind?
You're not giving us much information to help you with.

so basically my target grades are c's and b's. i wanna do a btec but that means i can only pick one a level. That is between english lit and histrory
Original post by AKA2234
so basically my target grades are c's and b's. i wanna do a btec but that means i can only pick one a level. That is between english lit and histrory

I would say do English Literature, if you're doing a BTEC then English Lit will probably pair well with anything you do. It will probably make you more employable too as it shows further education in English which is always good.
Original post by rosie.mn
I would say do English Literature, if you're doing a BTEC then English Lit will probably pair well with anything you do. It will probably make you more employable too as it shows further education in English which is always good.

but what if i wanna be a lawyer, can i still take history instead of english
Original post by AKA2234
but what if i wanna be a lawyer, can i still take history instead of english

You can take history instead of English yeah. But law is very competitive so if you're aiming for a Top Uni a levels are a better option. But, if you don't want to go to a russell group uni then the majority of places accept BTECS so it won't hinder you. You might want to look at places which accept them and which don't.

Quick Reply

Latest