The Student Room Group

F321 June 2011

IMG_9208.PNG
Hi guys, please explain to me how did the answer once 1e(v) is mg , I don't know how to figure which elements using successive ionisation energy? How do you know ? :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Miminfl
IMG_9208.PNG
Hi guys, please explain to me how did the answer once 1e(v) is mg , I don't know how to figure which elements using successive ionisation energy? How do you know ? :frown:

Have you worked out elements using graphs or their ionisation energies before? This is exactly the same as that except that it's up to you to draw a little rough graph (or just look at the differences between the numbers if you're feeling fancy)

This should show you the spikes on the graph and should indicate and tell you something about the position of that electron :h:
Reply 2
Original post by KaylaB
Have you worked out elements using graphs or their ionisation energies before? This is exactly the same as that except that it's up to you to draw a little rough graph (or just look at the differences between the numbers if you're feeling fancy)

This should show you the spikes on the graph and should indicate and tell you something about the position of that electron :h:

Like the graphs in the book? Yeahh I done some of the graphs the ones which have sharp changes? It has 6 numbers and mg has 12 electrons that's why I'm thinking shouldn't be 12 numbers :frown: I'm confused

Quick Reply

Latest