The Student Room Group

Changing from revigdon to microgynon

I recently just swapped from revigdon to microgynon, I started to take microgynon after my 7 day break, could I get pregnant if I had sex on the second day of taking the microgynon?
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/sexual-health/a7097/microgynon-30-ethinylestradiol-and-levonorgestrel/

All info on Microgynon is here. All I can say is double up on protection. The pill is not 100% effective.
Reply 2
but are revigdon the same as microgynon? as i had unprotected sex yesterday and my boyfriend didnt pull out
They are both combined pills. I suggest you go and get the morning after pill. It's the only way to be sure you're not at risk
Edit: When starting a new type of pill, you should skip the seven day break, so I don't think you were protected
Reply 4
Original post by Neckdeep123
I recently just swapped from revigdon to microgynon, I started to take microgynon after my 7 day break, could I get pregnant if I had sex on the second day of taking the microgynon?

Rigevidon and migrogynon contain exactly the same ingredients and are interchangeable, so providing you have taken all the tablets at a suitable time, you are protected
Reply 5
I take microgynon and it advises a week after taking the first pill you can have unprotected sex
Original post by GANFYD
Rigevidon and migrogynon contain exactly the same ingredients and are interchangeable, so providing you have taken all the tablets at a suitable time, you are protected

If you read the information that comes with both brands, it advises you start taking the new brand directly after you've finished the old one. Always follow the instructions you're given with a prescription.
Reply 7
since ive started taking microgynon ive been taking the at the same time since tuesday
just worried as ive tried to find things online but cant find anything from changing from rigevidon to microgynon
Original post by GANFYD
Original post by CarysJSLewis
If you read the information that comes with both brands, it advises you start taking the new brand directly after you've finished the old one. Always follow the instructions you're given with a prescription.
Those instructions refer to if you are switching to a brand with different hormones in a pill to what you used to take, as they are the exact same thing as each other it wont have been necessary to follow that rule i think.

but are revigdon the same as microgynon? as i had unprotected sex yesterday and my boyfriend didnt pull out

They have the exact same hormones, pop into the pharmacy you got your prescription from and i m sure they can reassure you there isnt anything to worry about :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
Those instructions refer to if you are switching to a brand with different hormones in a pill to what you used to take, as they are the exact same thing as each other it wont have been necessary to follow that rule i think.

They have the exact same hormones, pop into the pharmacy you got your prescription from and i m sure they can reassure you there isnt anything to worry about :smile:

Surely it'd just be better to follow the instructions regardless?
Original post by CarysJSLewis
Surely it'd just be better to follow the instructions regardless?

As it's the exact same thing, the instruction isn't referring to this situation really.
Reply 11

so i'm protected then?
so i'm protected then?

theoretically, but give a pharmacy a call tommorow and explain the situation and i m sure they'll be able to reassure you :smile:
Reply 13
ive emailed the doctor from where i got my pills from i might go to the pharmacy near me and ask them, i just thought becuase they are the same and becuase doctors are giving people Rigevidon instead of microgynon i thought i would be protected

theoretically, but give a pharmacy a call tommorow and explain the situation and i m sure they'll be able to reassure you :smile:
ive emailed the doctor from where i got my pills from i might go to the pharmacy near me and ask them, i just thought becuase they are the same and becuase doctors are giving people Rigevidon instead of microgynon i thought i would be protected

it is the same thing, if you compare the two patient information leaflets if might help you feel reassured but a pharmacist would give you a straight quick reassuring answer since you're clearly concerned.
Reply 15
so i'm protected then?

Yes, you are protected. They are the same drug, just with a different name, in different packaging

EDIT: I am a GP, so can reassure you about this
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
it is the same thing, if you compare the two patient information leaflets if might help you feel reassured but a pharmacist would give you a straight quick reassuring answer since you're clearly concerned.

thank you
Reply 17
Original post by GANFYD
Yes, you are protected. They are the same drug, just with a different name, in different packaging

EDIT: I am a GP, so can reassure you about this

thank you i dont know why i was getting myself so worked up i thought it was the same thing just different name and packaging as i researched it before changing

Quick Reply

Latest