The Student Room Group

Name that game game! #2

Decided to resurrect a thread from WAY back - I post a screenshot from a PC game, and the first person to correctly identify it gets to post the next screenshot (or alternatively tag me, and I'll provide another).

To start us off:
screenery.jpg

Scroll to see replies

This game looks too old for tsr, don't think anyone here has played it. Maybe more recent games? :smile:
This game looks too old for tsr, don't think anyone here has played it. Maybe more recent games? :smile:
Original post by AIDS Skrillex

Apart from me. :shakecane: There were a lot of us retro gamers back in the old thread, but fair point, I should have taken a hint from the fact that the recent 'classic old games' thread is full of Wii titles. :p:

More recent is difficult for me, but let's give this a go (and the first one's still open for identifying, if anyone wants meaningless bonus points :king1: )

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Apart from me. :shakecane: There were a lot of us retro gamers back in the old thread, but fair point, I should have taken a hint from the fact that the recent 'classic old games' thread is full of Wii titles. :p:

More recent is difficult for me, but let's give this a go (and the first one's still open for identifying, if anyone wants meaningless bonus points :king1: )

Admittedly I cheated so won't say, but that does not look 2010/11, either that or graphics used to be *****er than I remember

Gray matter isnt it??
Original post by Jammy Duel
Admittedly I cheated so won't say, but that does not look 2010/11, either that or graphics used to be *****er than I remember

I believe it had a few development issues and was released later than planned, but it's still a great game. :yes: Though since most of what I play is far older, graphics have never really bothered me. :p:

Original post by TheYearNiner
Gray matter isnt it??

Correct! Feel free to post the next screenshot, or let me know if you'd rather I do so. :biggrin:
123123.jpgHere's a hard one
Original post by TheYearNiner
123123.jpgHere's a hard one

:hmmmm2: Lemmings? :dontknow:

Spoiler

Let's up the challenge a little by making it a screenshot of part of a screenshot :biggrin:

Let's up the challenge a little by making it a screenshot of part of a screenshot :biggrin:

You've saved everyone from having to put up with another ancient game screenshot from me. :p:

Not my genre, this one. Medal of Honor? :holmes: The original 1999 one, if the franchise isn't specific enough (I have a feeling the graphics are better than that, but this is only a stab in the dark anyway).
You've saved everyone from having to put up with another ancient game screenshot from me. :p:

Not my genre, this one. Medal of Honor? :holmes: The original 1999 one, if the franchise isn't specific enough (I have a feeling the graphics are better than that, but this is only a stab in the dark anyway).

Right genre, wrong franchise, and very far out on the year about a decade so, for reference, this is a screenshot from MoH Allied Assault (2002):

Note how the people are made out of pay doh
Right genre, wrong franchise, and very far out on the year about a decade so, for reference, this is a screenshot from MoH Allied Assault (2002):

Note how the people are made out of pay doh

They do look a bit derpy. :p: I couldn't tell what was bad graphics and what was jpeg artifacts from the other screenshot, but the uniforms are certainly more detailed.

I'll let someone else get this one. :getmecoat:
They do look a bit derpy. :p: I couldn't tell what was bad graphics and what was jpeg artifacts from the other screenshot, but the uniforms are certainly more detailed.

I'll let someone else get this one. :getmecoat:

I haven't played it for years so memory isn't perfect, but I think it is mostly just the graphics being far from great (although not awful for the time), I might try a get a better screenshot later, get some 4k action going on rather than like a quarter of a ~1k screenshot:

Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
I haven't played it for years so memory isn't perfect, but I think it is mostly just the graphics being far from great (although not awful for the time), I might try a get a better screenshot later, get some 4k action going on rather than like a quarter of a ~1k screenshot:

Attachment not found

I'm seeing 'Attachment not found' on the latest screenshot (presuming that's what it's supposed to be?) :s:
I'm seeing 'Attachment not found' on the latest screenshot (presuming that's what it's supposed to be?) :s:

I'll upload it on imgur or something later and try again that way, but it is mostly the game rather than being a jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, it's showing for me now. :biggrin:

Since nobody else is having a go: Call of Duty... 2? :holmes: Another stab in the dark. :p:
Ah, it's showing for me now. :biggrin:

Since nobody else is having a go: Call of Duty... 2? :holmes: Another stab in the dark. :p:

Nope, still the wrong franchise, although the year error has been cut by two thirds

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Nope, still the wrong franchise, although the year error has been cut by two thirds

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of the original battlefield games?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest