The Student Room Group

linguistics applicants 2017?

I'm re-applying (for a reason), this time for linguistics because I've realised it's more suitable for me than literature.
I'm applying to
- UCL (as I can't apply to Cambridge, it's my first choice)
- Edinburgh (both for straight linguistics and linguistics and English language)

Who else applied for linguistics and where? I'd love to have a fourth and fifth choice!

Also, why linguistics? How long have you been interested in it?
As for me, it's a lifelong passion of mine. I've just been unable to choose between linguistics and English literature.
Reply 1
Original post by dorababy1995
I'm re-applying (for a reason), this time for linguistics because I've realised it's more suitable for me than literature.
I'm applying to
- UCL (as I can't apply to Cambridge, it's my first choice)
- Edinburgh (both for straight linguistics and linguistics and English language)

Who else applied for linguistics and where? I'd love to have a fourth and fifth choice!

Also, why linguistics? How long have you been interested in it?
As for me, it's a lifelong passion of mine. I've just been unable to choose between linguistics and English literature.

I've applied for Linguistics and Spanish at Edinburgh, York, Manchester, Queen Mary and Newcastle! I've enjoyed reading about linguistics for years now but didn't know whether to apply for that or computer science, but I think I've made the right decision. Hope you get your first choice!
Thank you! The same to you!

Original post by tinwins
I've applied for Linguistics and Spanish at Edinburgh, York, Manchester, Queen Mary and Newcastle! I've enjoyed reading about linguistics for years now but didn't know whether to apply for that or computer science, but I think I've made the right decision. Hope you get your first choice!
Hi! I've applied for linguistics at Cambridge, Edinburgh, Sheffield, York and Newcastle. I've been interested in it for years and have read books and gone to talks related to linguistics. I'm most interested in psycholinguistics and language acquisition. Cambridge is my first choice (find out tomorrow whether I've got an offer or not :s-smilie:) but the Edinburgh course looks amazing too. Good luck to all other linguistics applicants!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending