The Student Room Group

If We Don't Fight All Instances Of Racism, We Will All Face The Consequences

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Damien96
That is another subject, racism is racism, I leave others with more knowledge on the topic to talk on historical context. I only called for moral consistency.

The video of the train incident is easy to find. the most violent it gets is a push. I am not dismissing the criminality or moral repugnence of it. I can add lots of swear words to how I'd describe those vile racist men if you like, it doesn't take away from my point. You are accusing me of moral inconsistency, perhaps worse, for not wording my condemnation in a way you see fit. ALL RACISM IS REPUGNENT! The train racists are *****, ****wits, ********s, pricks, **********s and shitbags.

But a push and cutting off a piece of someone's scalp are not comparable, the BBC also thought so, not making the incident of torture a front page story at all but having the train incident a main link.

I hate to say it but you are desperately trying to read into my words either an overt racist agenda or a subconscious "White privilege" moticvation.

I repeat, all forms of racism are abhorrent and should be challenged. Even if you believe one form is worse than another, you can surely see that every incident is consequential.

I have no doubt that you're morally consistent.

I think in the case of the BBC, they typically dont massively report domestic incidences from another continent. That being said they did make two articles on this and one is on the front page and trending.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

I am reading into your words perfectly well. You reported one incident correctly and brushed off the train incident as "someone not being let on" when the court labelled it as a violent racist incident. Even if your reason wasnt like that, that was how it was interpreted.

Of course every incidence is consequential. no doubt.
Apparently pricks and shitbags doesnt' get censored :biggrin:

Good tip for next time then :biggrin:
Reply 42
Original post by whorefromvegas
I have no doubt that you're morally consistent.

I think in the case of the BBC, they typically dont massively report domestic incidences from another continent. That being said they did make two articles on this and one is on the front page and trending.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

I am reading into your words perfectly well. You reported one incident correctly and brushed off the train incident as "someone not being let on" when the court labelled it as a violent racist incident. Even if your reason wasnt like that, that was how it was interpreted.

Of course every incidence is consequential. no doubt.

I didn't brush off, I described what happened, a push and some racist chants. I didn't go into further detail because that wasnt' the point of this discussion.

There is no link on the main page and hasn't been all day. It is now on the news page. I considered this might be because it isn't a domestic story then remembered how many Trump headlines, many of which were related to US domestic issues, there have been in the last few months.

But I think we shall have to leave it with your last quote, with which we have a point of agreement.
I didn't brush off, I described what happened, a push and some racist chants. I didn't go into further detail because that wasnt' the point of this discussion.

There is no link on the main page and hasn't been all day. It is now on the news page. I considered this might be because it isn't a domestic story then remembered how many Trump headlines, many of which were related to US domestic issues, there have been in the last few months.

But I think we shall have to leave it with your last quote, with which we have a point of agreement.

Agreed. I admit it was wrong of me to jump at your throat.
It's funny because I only ever see white conservatives wanting to fight racism and go all SJW when a white person is the victim.

But when it's a non white person suffering from racism, the same group of people try to undermine and claim that it isnt racism.

Sorry if this offends you, but that's me being politically incorrect. Works both ways.

The only time I see liberals wanting to fight racism is when the victim is not white.
Unless you indulge in pedantic discussions about power dynamics in society, the only conclusion from seeing the video of the man being tortured by 4 psychopaths is that this was a racist attack.

Stand against all forms of bigotry, or face the inevitable backlash.

http://thesatedire.com/news/mentally-man-tortured-needs-check-white-privilege/

"All Instances".. what do you mean by that?
Yea fighting any kind of racism is a great thing, but sometimes it goes too far. Like calling a person racist for wearing clothes from Chinese culture or so.
Reply 46
Agreed. I admit it was wrong of me to jump at your throat.

Ah that's OK, it's the Internet, we all act defensively because there are so many shitbags on here. The pricks.
Reply 47
Original post by oShahpo
"All Instances".. what do you mean by that?
Yea fighting any kind of racism is a great thing, but sometimes it goes too far. Like calling a person racist for wearing clothes from Chinese culture or so.

That isn't racism, that's clothing.
Original post by shanktheopps
The only time I see liberals wanting to fight racism is when the victim is not white.

oh check you big man are you gonna shank the opps? Piss off you alt right clown.
Ah that's OK, it's the Internet, we all act defensively because there are so many shitbags on here. The pricks.

Very true. It's a dangerous place here lool
That isn't racism, that's clothing.

Exactly. Tell that to them though: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/victorias-secret-cultural-appropriation_uk_58418866e4b00b318b0fa976
That's the extreme of what OP is suggesting, not saying that he's suggesting that.
Reply 51
Original post by oShahpo
Exactly. Tell that to them though: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/victorias-secret-cultural-appropriation_uk_58418866e4b00b318b0fa976
That's the extreme of what OP is suggesting, not saying that he's suggesting that.

Oh FFS! These people used to be ignored, now they have careers making the world an unpleasant place.

I still think they're the tiny minority inflated by outrage seeking media click bait, but I know in certain circles it's the norm.
Oh FFS! These people used to be ignored, now they have careers making the world an unpleasant place.

I still think they're the tiny minority inflated by outrage seeking media click bait, but I know in certain circles it's the norm.

I agree.
That's OK, we are somewhat accstomed to hearing shrill expressions of others that aren't there because there is so much hate on the Internet.

I agree regarding these individuals, that's a mater for the police to sort out. The larger picture, where memes of white privilege, repeated by those in power on occassion, only cause further resentment and violence.

I am not saying white people experience the worst or the most racism, only that there now exists a socially acceptable version of bigotry that hinders progress.

Moral consistency is key. Either we are all drinking from the same fountain or we aren't.

There is definitely a shifting of acceptable behaviour regarding race in recent years.

It does seem (mostly online) that racism against white people is ok as a sort of "paying back" of racism in the past (which I find ridiculous as I wasnt alive at those times.) Im so so tired of this "buzzwording" of things like "white privilege" "only whites can be racist" and countless other ridiculous things like that.

The world need more to do. I dont wish for people to die, but I do wish for an alien invasion or other outside threat, then maybe we will be forced to push aside our differences and fight a common enemy, seems like the only common enemy nowadays is boredom and each other.
Original post by Conceited
How do you intend to fight racism?

I looked up this video on youtube and other places and I read the comments. it seems that the answer to your question 'how do you intend to fight racism?' for many is 'by being racist!'.
(edited 7 years ago)
It's funny because I only ever see white conservatives wanting to fight racism and go all SJW when a white person is the victim.

But when it's a non white person suffering from racism, the same group of people try to undermine and claim that it isnt racism.

Sorry if this offends you, but that's me being politically incorrect. Works both ways.

Can you provide an example or two of the same group of people try to undermine and claim that it isnt racism,please?
Reply 56
Original post by CookieButter
I looked up this video on youtube and other places and I read the comments. it seems that the answer to your question 'how do you intend to fight racism?' for many is 'by being racist!'.

That isn't even an answer to the question you set and I didn't ask a question at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending