The Student Room Group

Anyone know what is a grade 4? Maths

Any averages for what a grade 4 or 5 might be?
Just did the Autumn mock 2016 today!
4 = high D, low C
5 = C
Reply 2
Original post by anonomon
4 = high D, low C
5 = C

I mean like average marks ?

22/80

10/80?

Mark wise x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by z_o_e
Any averages for what a grade 4 or 5 might be?
Just did the Autumn mock 2016 today!

If you did the Edexcel mocks then there are no official grade boundaries so it depends on what your school sets them as.

If you did three (higher) papers with 240 marks total then I know one school that set these boundaries:

70-100 : Grade 4
101-130 : Grade 5

But these could be considerably different to the boundaries your school sets. And remeber that all of these boundaries could be very different to what Edexcel sets as the boundaries in the real thing.

For individual marks for each paper, divide these grade boundaries by 3 to get an estimate.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Thank you so much :smile:

I failed paper 1 so bad. I found it so difficult. I probably got about 20 marks out of 80 that's how bad I struggled.

Keep in mine I did foundation and worked my way up to higher. I learnt all the topics and non of them came up!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by notnek
If you did the Edexcel mocks then there are no official grade boundaries so it depends on what your school sets them as.

If you did three (higher) papers with 240 marks total then I know one school that set these boundaries:

70-100 : Grade 4
101-130 : Grade 5

But these could be considerably different to the boundaries your school sets. And remeber that all of these boundaries could be very different to what Edexcel sets as the boundaries in the real thing.

For individual marks for each paper, divide these grade boundaries by 3 to get an estimate.

^^ Quoted above

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e

I failed paper 1 so bad. I found it so difficult. I probably got about 20 marks out of 80 that's how bad I struggled.

Keep in mine I did foundation and worked my way up to higher. I learnt all the topics and non of them came up!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just seen the PM, well done with what you've done! Those topics might have not come up this time but they may do in the actual exam. This also gives you a pointer so you know which topics to revise more of in the lead up to your summer exams :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by z_o_e

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you keep putting in the same amount of effort between now and the real thing then I'm sure you'll improve a lot :smile:

So many students stop putting in the effort after they revised for their mocks. Don't be one of them!

I know how tough it is to move up from foundation to higher. If you are willing to put the effort in then loads of people on this forum will help you get there. Please post questions whenever you need help.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Matrix123
Just seen the PM, well done with what you've done! Those topics might have not come up this time but they may do in the actual exam. This also gives you a pointer so you know which topics to revise more of in the lead up to your summer exams :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was just that this new gcse they made is complex and worded. I almost gave up in the first 5-10 minutes. My brain didn't cope. I secured 4 marks... which was a percentage and indicie questions that's all I'm confident about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by notnek
If you keep putting in the same amount of effort between now and the real thing then I'm sure you'll improve a lot :smile:

So many students stop putting in the effort after they revised for their mocks. Don't be one of them!

I know how tough it is to move up from foundation to higher. If you are willing to put the effort in then loads of people on this forum will help you get there. Please post questions whenever you need help.

Thank you so much :smile: I'm going to work on maths 2 hours a day after schools.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hi! I did the Edexcel GCSE maths mocks in December and found them horrendously hard. I ended up with a high 4 (😔) but I'm not sure of my mark. My friend in another class scored 79/240 however and got a 5! So our grade boudbaries were super low because I'm assuming my year did terribly. I wouldn't worry too much about the boundaries, it's highly likely they'll be low at your school too because it was such a hard set of papers.
I got 69/240 😶 and it was one mark off a 4 I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Latest