The Student Room Group

RAF AST Test

Hi can someone please give me some advice ? All I need to know is there any other different maths questions that I will need to do apart from the ones on the RAF website and the booklet the careers office give you ? Thank you 😀
Reply 1
Hey
I did my AST back in September and passed but I did it twice before and sadly failed. The maths section is easy and hard at the same time the questions are easy and all multiple choice but the time frame in which you have to do it in makes it hard.
There's 2 sections. Section 1 is simple fractions and decimals, section 2 is looking at graphs and tables and working out the information it gives you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by faye07
Hey
I did my AST back in September and passed but I did it twice before and sadly failed. The maths section is easy and hard at the same time the questions are easy and all multiple choice but the time frame in which you have to do it in makes it hard.
There's 2 sections. Section 1 is simple fractions and decimals, section 2 is looking at graphs and tables and working out the information it gives you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi
Thank you very much. Just one more quick question what are the other sections like in the test ?

Cheers
Reply 3
I found verbal reasoning the easiest and I'm not the best at English and long as you read through it carefully you will be fine. Work out rate is where you have to practise you either pick it up or you don't. Just keeping doing it and you'll get better. The shapes section I found easy but the time you get it's not enough. So try and do it as quickly as possible. Electrical and mechanical are all basic GCSE question mainly about electrical circuits and friction and areas such as that. I found timing my self with similar questions was the best. And using GCSE bite size. I also got the airmen selection test book from amazon that helped me out a lot. I think that's the main reason I passed. What have you applied for? As each job you need to get a certain mark in each area.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by faye07
I found verbal reasoning the easiest and I'm not the best at English and long as you read through it carefully you will be fine. Work out rate is where you have to practise you either pick it up or you don't. Just keeping doing it and you'll get better. The shapes section I found easy but the time you get it's not enough. So try and do it as quickly as possible. Electrical and mechanical are all basic GCSE question mainly about electrical circuits and friction and areas such as that. I found timing my self with similar questions was the best. And using GCSE bite size. I also got the airmen selection test book from amazon that helped me out a lot. I think that's the main reason I passed. What have you applied for? As each job you need to get a certain mark in each area.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the advice and I have applied for Aircraft Teachnician Mechanical.
Do you know roughly how many times they have intakes a year ? Sorry to be a pain in the back side asking you all these questions. The English tables they have on the RAF website/booklet careers office give you. Are the ones in the test similar to the real AST. For example "I want a house in a village, with 4 bedrooms but must have double glazing"

Cheers
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest