The Student Room Group

How do I revise for science?

I can revise for all my other subjects but when it comes to science (More chem and physics) I find it so hard to revise for those subjects.

Has anyone got any revision tips?

Thank you to anyone who replies!! :smile: :smile:
Original post by Flawless_x
I can revise for all my other subjects but when it comes to science (More chem and physics) I find it so hard to revise for those subjects.

you should make notes on each unit you finish in school when you get home or revise all the units and make flash cards and ask family to test you .
Reply 2
Original post by iamtheone19
you should make notes on each unit you finish in school when you get home or revise all the units and make flash cards and ask family to test you .

Thank you!! :smile: :smile:
Reply 3
Set aside one or two days per week to revise science, and do one topic on each day (spend about one or two hours).

Make notes from a textbook (CGP or other), or use YouTube videos to make notes (GetToKnowScience is a good new channel I've found - search it in YouTube) and then try some past paper questions.

Then mark it using the mark-scheme, and make corrections. At this point, if you don't understand anything you can ask a teacher or a tutor or whoever can help.

Then repeat this procedure for every topic. If you do a couple of topics per week you should be in good shape for the exams in the summer.

Cgp books are way to go

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Mo H
Set aside one or two days per week to revise science, and do one topic on each day (spend about one or two hours).

Make notes from a textbook (CGP or other), or use YouTube videos to make notes (GetToKnowScience is a good new channel I've found - search it in YouTube) and then try some past paper questions.

Then mark it using the mark-scheme, and make corrections. At this point, if you don't understand anything you can ask a teacher or a tutor or whoever can help.

Then repeat this procedure for every topic. If you do a couple of topics per week you should be in good shape for the exams in the summer.

Thank you!! :smile: :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by MaherPhd
Cgp books are way to go

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will try those!! :smile: :smile:
I will try those!! :smile: :smile:

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good Evening! It all depends on the type of person that you are, since everyone revises in different ways. When I was taking my GCSEs, a majority of my classmates found success in taking past papers, making notes, etc. But, for me, I found it difficult to pay attention to these methods. Instead, I took to the internet and came across a YouTube channel that covers and explains a large variety of topics that are associated to Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Seeing as I was confident in most other subjects, I spent practically all my spare time watching these videos and was luckily able to jump from two D grades in Science to two B grades for the subject. However, if watching videos isn't for you then I recommend reading through your notes and writing them down again from memory and see if that helps, or, ask you teacher for past papers to take.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest