The Student Room Group

Confused

There's this guy at work I find good looking, we spoke and he was really friendly to me etc. I thought he was being nice and I wanted him to be interested in me, my friend at work mentioned it to me and said "you was getting cosy with a guy on shopfloor" implying him. I did think he was being too nice, but then I thought it might be his personality. She thinks he liked me. I can't wait to see him now lol.

What do you think?
Simple, let him know how you feel. Seriously, it takes one of the two people to make the move, so it's sooooo much easier if you make you. Not following my own advice here at all but I'm going to try it in a couple of days.

Anyway seriously just ask him if he would be interested in going for a coffee or something. Keep it casual, that way if he says know you haven't let all of how you feel out but just enough to gauge how he feels about you.

Look there's this thing that women aren't supposed to be the ones who ask men out or approach men, (bull)********. Plain and simple (bull)********. Many of us like girls who are confident and are willing to ask us out or imply that they like us. Many of us are anxious about it as you are. So it's fine to take the first step.

It's better than being in the position I'm in, meeting someone once and four months later regretting not messaging them back when you're madly in love with them. It's killing me, so let it out do something about it, or else you're going to be in my position. You don't want that.
Reply 2
Original post by WilliamsQI
Simple, let him know how you feel. Seriously, it takes one of the two people to make the move, so it's sooooo much easier if you make you. Not following my own advice here at all but I'm going to try it in a couple of days.

Anyway seriously just ask him if he would be interested in going for a coffee or something. Keep it casual, that way if he says know you haven't let all of how you feel out but just enough to gauge how he feels about you.

Look there's this thing that women aren't supposed to be the ones who ask men out or approach men, (bull)********. Plain and simple (bull)********. Many of us like girls who are confident and are willing to ask us out or imply that they like us. Many of us are anxious about it as you are. So it's fine to take the first step.

It's better than being in the position I'm in, meeting someone once and four months later regretting not messaging them back when you're madly in love with them. It's killing me, so let it out do something about it, or else you're going to be in my position. You don't want that.

That's true, I've only spoken to him once and I don't have feelings for him or anything. I just thought he was good looking, I'm not sure if he was just being really nice to me.

I work with him so it's fine lol.
Original post by Anonymous
That's true, I've only spoken to him once and I don't have feelings for him or anything. I just thought he was good looking, I'm not sure if he was just being really nice to me.

I work with him so it's fine lol.

Well in that case just ask if he would like to meet up for a coffee, it's very informal and can be taken as an activity for people who are purely friends. No pressure, no expectations, nothing. He either says no and in which case you move on with your life or he says yes and you see where it goes.

As someone who's so bad in practice with this stuff, I strangely give advice that leads to long lasting and wonderful relationships. Seriously I've helped so many friends with relationships but personally I'm terrible due to having 0% confidence in myself. So in short don't be like me. Missing opportunities left right and centre.
Reply 4
Original post by WilliamsQI
Well in that case just ask if he would like to meet up for a coffee, it's very informal and can be taken as an activity for people who are purely friends. No pressure, no expectations, nothing. He either says no and in which case you move on with your life or he says yes and you see where it goes.

As someone who's so bad in practice with this stuff, I strangely give advice that leads to long lasting and wonderful relationships. Seriously I've helped so many friends with relationships but personally I'm terrible due to having 0% confidence in myself. So in short don't be like me. Missing opportunities left right and centre.

Okays :smile:

I think I'll wait to see him next and see how it goes
I thought you already had a boyfriend?
Reply 6
Original post by Rock Fan
I thought you already had a boyfriend?

Excuse me?
Reply 7
Play it out, go along with it until you feel it's right to say something, don't wanna do a Jim and move too early although it worked out for him in the end I guess
Excuse me?

Apologies got you mixed up with someone else
Reply 9
Original post by Rock Fan
Apologies got you mixed up with someone else

That's fine :smile:
Original post by zayn008
Play it out, go along with it until you feel it's right to say something, don't wanna do a Jim and move too early although it worked out for him in the end I guess

Exactly! I just found him good looking and he was being really nice to me etc, I don't want to misjudge him. It's best if I see him again first.
Reply 11
Exactly! I just found him good looking and he was being really nice to me etc, I don't want to misjudge him. It's best if I see him again first.

Yeah, if it makes you happy then don't ruin it. Only do it when you're completely sure otherwise just enjoy his company. Then you can slowly send signals and see how it works out. But don't jump in
Reply 12
Sounds like he does.

Maybe he's just scared of asking you out. Have you flirted back with him to find out how he responds?
So many threads on here are people describing obviously flirtatious behavior and then asking if it means the person likes them.

Yes he likes you, at least enough to flirt a little with you. Don't get too excited as he might have a girlfriend or you might turn out not to be a good match for any number of reasons. Still something small has already begun.

I'd recommend coming to work dressed really sexy like and then when you are sure he is looking break into a flawless moonwalk across the room. That will increase his interest for sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending