The Student Room Group

How to break up with him over the holidays?

I realised I want to break up with my boyfriend since I've been home for Christmas but don't know how to do it. I don't want to be the person that does it over text, but I don't like texting him everyday waiting to go back knowing I'm going to drop this on him when I see him again. What should I do?
Original post by Anonymous
I realised I want to break up with my boyfriend since I've been home for Christmas but don't know how to do it. I don't want to be the person that does it over text, but I don't like texting him everyday waiting to go back knowing I'm going to drop this on him when I see him again. What should I do?

Go and see him and then tell him, better to do it face by face. Gonna hurt either way so best just to do it so he can find someone else.
Reply 2
Original post by Rock Fan
Go and see him and then tell him, better to do it face by face. Gonna hurt either way so best just to do it so he can find someone else.

I should have said before, we're in different cities so I can't do that.
Original post by Anonymous
I should have said before, we're in different cities so I can't do that.

Well at least phone him up and tell him, no point staying in the relationship if you are not happy.
facetime skype etc
Ride a train.
text him and ask if you can talk on the phone or skype him for a while, this will mean that you can speak for a longer duration making the breakup less open and confusing. next dont straight away say you want to break up, ask him how hes doing first, then say something like "i really dont know what to do anymore i cant stop thinking it over in my head and i think this is probably the most appropriate time to tell you that i dont think our relationship is working anymore" then make sure you have your reasons ready and the answers to his questions why. if you really want to break up be ready to be knocked by his emotions and think perhaps i shouldnt, if you think its for the best then breakup.
Best wishes :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by squirelltree
text him and ask if you can talk on the phone or skype him for a while, this will mean that you can speak for a longer duration making the breakup less open and confusing. next dont straight away say you want to break up, ask him how hes doing first, then say something like "i really dont know what to do anymore i cant stop thinking it over in my head and i think this is probably the most appropriate time to tell you that i dont think our relationship is working anymore" then make sure you have your reasons ready and the answers to his questions why. if you really want to break up be ready to be knocked by his emotions and think perhaps i shouldnt, if you think its for the best then breakup.
Best wishes :smile:

I do think its for the best but I'm scared that talking to him will make me feel guilty and get scared out of doing it. I don't feel like he'll accept my reasons as valid enough and will make me feel bad until I give in. I feel like this would happen in person too so I'm worried about it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending