The Student Room Group

Pill free days and still no period, am I pregnant?

I'm taking 21 day pills for 4 months now. for the past 3 months I don't have any problem. But now I'm almost done with my 7 days rest and still have no period. I had unprotected sex with bf. Is there a chance of getting pregnant? I actually missed 2 pills when I started my last pack of pills, then I sometimes forgot to took them on proper time.
Reply 1
Original post by apocaly08
I'm taking 21 day pills for 4 months now. for the past 3 months I don't have any problem. But now I'm almost done with my 7 days rest and still have no period. I had unprotected sex with bf. Is there a chance of getting pregnant? I actually missed 2 pills when I started my last pack of pills, then I sometimes forgot to took them on proper time.

Take a pregnancy test to find out either way

Yes there is a chance if you didn't take your pills properly. Take a test.
Reply 3
You have to take the contraceptive pills daily, at the same exact hour, for them to work properly. If you forgot to take some, there's even a higher risk.

I advise you to take a pregnancy test as this is a serious matter. If you have a negative result, but still don’t get your period, test again in three days' time

I hope it's a false alarm, tho.
yes, there's always a chance, they're not 100% effective... if you missed taking a pill then that chance is much higher - you should always use condoms for 7 days if you miss a pill

I suggest you take a pregnancy test and speak to your doctor about swapping to another form of contraception as the pill evidently doesn't suit you if you can't remember to take it
Reply 5
Like others said, pill is not 100% and even worse if you miss pills so take a test. There is a chances that it's simply a bit later than usual but it can also easily be that you did get pregnant.

Have you thought of other types of contraception like implants? It might be better for you if you miss pills often
Reply 6
Original post by doodle_333
yes, there's always a chance, they're not 100% effective... if you missed taking a pill then that chance is much higher - you should always use condoms for 7 days if you miss a pill

I suggest you take a pregnancy test and speak to your doctor about swapping to another form of contraception as the pill evidently doesn't suit you if you can't remember to take it

Im actually taking pills to regulate my cycle because im Polycystic.
Reply 7
Original post by Devify
Like others said, pill is not 100% and even worse if you miss pills so take a test. There is a chances that it's simply a bit later than usual but it can also easily be that you did get pregnant.

Have you thought of other types of contraception like implants? It might be better for you if you miss pills often

Im taking pills just to regulate my cycle cos Im polycystic
The majority of the time the pill is still effective even when taken a few hours late. It's more likely that you've still got some in your system, because I know it takes me quite a while to start my period after having a break from the pill (sometimes up to a week).
As others have said, wait and take a test. And learn from this. It's always better to double on protection, because the pill isn't 100% effective
Reply 9
Original post by CarysJSLewis
The majority of the time the pill is still effective even when taken a few hours late. It's more likely that you've still got some in your system, because I know it takes me quite a while to start my period after having a break from the pill (sometimes up to a week).
As others have said, wait and take a test. And learn from this. It's always better to double on protection, because the pill isn't 100% effective

Am I capable of ovulating? Im only taking pills to regulate my cycle cos Im polycystic. What is the chance of getting pregnant?
Am I capable of ovulating? Im only taking pills to regulate my cycle cos Im polycystic. What is the chance of getting pregnant?

The infertility rate is very high for polycystic ovaries, but there's still a chance. Wait a few days before properly panicking because stress is another thing that can delay a period.
Reply 11

Having polycystic ovary syndrome doesn't mean you don't ovulate, just that it's irregular. But the possibility of being pregnant is lower.

You said you've been on the pill for a bit now, how long does it usually take to start? For me it takes about 5-6 days after the last pill so as said before it could simply be a bit late.

It's not totally uncommon not to have a period over the break every now and then. Pregnancy tests aren't that expensive, if it doesn't start tomorrow just go buy one and you'll find out and won't have to keep stressing out about it.

Either way, next time use a condom. It's always better to be safe than sit there stressing out plus pill doesn't do anything against STDs

You are definitely pregnant. Trust me, I feel it in my waters.

Quick Reply

Latest